CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

Coming up with a reasonable compensation package should not be a problem, though some of the comments I've seen here about the original "listed" salary are discouraging.

Mark Bradley made good money at CAK (perhaps more than Rusty because of his years of teaching, etc.).  He's going to Jackson with Rusty, so that should free up some money in addition to what was being paid to Rusty.  The school had enough money to start a new sport this spring--lacrosse.  And tuition has gone up a good amount the last couple of years and again for next school year.  If the search committee has spent the time finding the coach they want, the deal needs to get done so the boys can have a spring practice like all the other teams in their district.

Compensation and a "plan of attack" for moving in to D2 seem to be the 2 primary areas of concern, from what I am being told.  

Edited by HTV

That's what I've heard too.  One would think we should already have somewhat of a plan of attack for the likely inevitable move to Division II.  But I'm hearing that it's still a bit unsettled.

Compensation and a via

Compensation and a "plan of attack" for moving in to D2 seem to be the 2 primary areas of concern, from what I am being told.  

Any idea who got the offer? 

Yes, but it's my policy not to give names of high school coaches in reference to open jobs they may have applied for.  If things don't work out with the job they applied for and need to stay put it isn't fair to them to have their names out there and possibly cause friction with in their current situation.  

Of course, in this situation it is a bit different since it isn't a head coach looking to move, but I still don't like to name names on a forum like this.  

All I will say is that he is a defensive coordinator in Georgia, which will narrow it down to about 500 candidates between public and private high schools in Georgia.   :lol:

Since no one else has chimed in, other than with jokes, I'll respond. I haven't heard anything about a mystery late candidate from Texas, but my sense is the GA candidate (he's currently a DC rather than an OC as was mentioned previously on this thread, and does have some HC experience) is close to being hired. His recent experience has been at schools that give athletic scholarships and I suspect he's trying to get some commitment from the school as to its intentions regarding that subject in the likely inevitable move to Division II. But, as Slaughter has pointed out, I'm just a dad, so it's just my two cents' worth.

Can any insiders comment on the guy from Texas who put his name in the hat this week? I've heard he's a guy that CAK can't pass up on and has caused the process to slow down...