CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

I am optimistic. While I hated to see CRB move on, this new staff will create a lot of interesting changes. Having a defensive minded head coach will certainly be a change for CAK. Of course, my hope is that he can improve upon CAK's defense, but will also be able to maintain a high octane offense. I think that will be the biggest challenge. Given the tools the program had to work with, year in and year out, there were few offenses that did more with what they had. I will be excited to see what the new program looks like.

.....also be able to maintain a high octane offense. I think that will be the biggest challenge. Given the tools the program had to work with, year in and year out, there were few offenses that did more with what they had. .

I find this to be a really interesting statement. I've always found CAK to have more talented kids than just about anyone we've played (outside of Alcoa who, not surprisingly, we struggle against). Don't mean this as a shot to the former staff, but I've actually been on the opposite side of your thought process, being disappointed in losing games to teams that had lesser talent than we appeared to have. Just my 2 cents.

GVK and Slaughter, I think you're both right, just looking at things from different perspectives. Here's my two cents' worth. CAK losses since 2010 to inferior teams:

2010--none, only 2 losses that year to Alcoa

2011--Grace (turnovers and special teams play cost the Warriors the game) Laverne (shootout lost in OT, special teams mistakes affected the outcome, as did an injury to Josh Smith, defense did not play well either, probably some coaching miscues)

2012--none, only loss was regular season game vs Alcoa in an incredibly competitive football game

2013--several--CAK was better than Catholic that year but some poor decision making and coaching issues in my humble opinion cost the game; in my opinion Webb had more talent that year so CAK's loss to Webb was not to an inferior team; Powell--toss-up, CAK had a chance to win but Powell had a lot of very good athletes and good size and strength on the lines; Grace--definitely a loss to an inferior team--mistakes and some coaching issues affected outcome; loss to Belfry KY doesn't fall in this category as they clearly were a superior team and could have probably beaten Alcoa that year (and did win the KY state championship that year I believe)

2014--Catholic had more talent that year, so I expected them to win, didn't expect CAK to get blown out, believe coaching caused the outcome to be worse than it should have been; Webb--that year's Webb team did not have as much talent as the year before, was very beatable, not necessarily inferior talent level to CAK's but close--Warriors just didn't execute and Webb had winning game plan and did execute, controlled line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball; Belfry, once again a state championship caliber team we didn't have a serious chance of beating on their home turf; Livingston--this is probably the worst recent example of losing to an inferior team--turnovers, bad outing by the defense and some coaching/personnel decisions affected the outcome

2015--both losses were to Alcoa, possibly the best team Alcoa has had since 2010, so we can't call those losses to an inferior team

I find this to be a really interesting statement. I've always found CAK to have more talented kids than just about anyone we've played (outside of Alcoa who, not surprisingly, we struggle against). Don't mean this as a shot to the former staff, but I've actually been on the opposite side of your thought process, being disappointed in losing games to teams that had lesser talent than we appeared to have. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Warriors2011

I musta missed those games. Good luck to the purple Bulldogs this year. Are they ready to contend again?

I am pretty confident that Milan or Liberty will make the championship game this year instead of CPA. Liberty is going to be pretty darn good. And Milan will have a dominant O line and run game. But the east will win again. Good luck to your boys this year as well. Much respect.

I am pretty confident that Milan or Liberty will make the championship game this year instead of CPA. Liberty is going to be pretty darn good. And Milan will have a dominant O line and run game. But the east will win again. Good luck to your boys this year as well. Much respect.

well if that is the case BPM; Booger and his Irish looks forward to playing Yall

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

GVK and Slaughter, I think you're both right, just looking at things from different perspectives. Here's my two cents' worth. CAK losses since 2010 to inferior teams:

2011--Grace (turnovers and special teams play cost the Warriors the game) Laverne (shootout lost in OT, special teams mistakes affected the outcome, as did an injury to Josh Smith, defense did not play well either, probably some coaching miscues)

2012--none, only loss was regular season game vs Alcoa in an incredibly competitive football game

2013- loss to Belfry KY doesn't fall in this category as they clearly were a superior team and could have probably beaten Alcoa that year (and did win the KY state championship that year I believe)

2014--Belfry, once again a state championship caliber team we didn't have a serious chance of beating on their home turf;

Again, with all due respect to the former coaching staff who accomplished great things... I think internal evaluation was never a highly regarded skill set. Let's be completely honest. Anyone who saw the 2011-12 teams should know this... We had no business losing ANY of the 30 games we played those 2 seasons. The fact that the Alcoa games were close was, in hindsight, a disappointment... The 2011 Alcoa team lost 5 games that season! Getting to watch the 2013 season was also a disaster. Quarterback situation aside, that team had a ton of talent on it and came away with 4 wins. Lastly, the Belfry games always were very disappointing as well. I get they were eventual Kentucky state champs and I didn't get to make the drive to Kentucky but was able to watch on the Warrior Network. We made it in the red zone 5 times and came away with 0 TDs, and we were in position to win the 2013 game at home. All in all, watching the former staff's offensive system was awesome. The pieces always fit in the right place and the attention to detail was remarkable. I'll never be convinced that we simply outcoached everyone with a bunch of average kids though. We have had some stud football players come through the last 10ish years, and will continue to have stud players (have you seen our freshmen and sophomores?). Hopefully Coach Mozingo and staff will be able to rise to the occasion when the situation calls for it!