Ms Basketball nominees and why?

MartianMan

No doubt!  She deserved to be one of the three!

Taylor Boggess absolutely deserved to be one of the three finalists in A. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how political the process is and I'm saying that based on facts that I know. That doesn't mean the winner this year isn't deserving or the three finalists weren't actually the best three, but it has happened before.

Edited by Glory
  • Upvote 1

A case can be made for several kids...

Chelsea Perry from Middleton was the state tournament MVP last year and has her team on a 60 game win streak.

Lea Lea Carter is a McDonald's All-American this year and didn't make Miss Basketball.

Lea Lea totally deserved it as well.  Chelsea has the blessing and the curse of having outstanding teammates that keep her stats from being crazy high.  She is as good as anyone!!

Lea Lea totally deserved it as well. Chelsea has the blessing and the curse of having outstanding teammates that keep her stats from being crazy high. She is as good as anyone!!

You have to play in a terribly weak district and beat teams 101-17 to get it. It's pretty bad when individual stats come before team stats. I understand your frustration we also have a super candidate that has great team players but our team plays quality opponents night in and night out so no recognition comes to her either.

You have to play in a terribly weak district and beat teams 101-17 to get it. It's pretty bad when individual stats come before team stats. I understand your frustration we also have a super candidate that has great team players but our team plays quality opponents night in and night out so no recognition comes to her either.

You are way too bitter. The girls that made the finals are all deserving of the award and great players get left our every year, and will continue to get left out. The state of TN has always had great woman's basketball players and everyone can't win. Like me 5th grade teacher always said "Life isn't Fair deal with it!"

You are way too bitter. The girls that made the finals are all deserving of the award and great players get left our every year, and will continue to get left out. The state of TN has always had great woman's basketball players and everyone can't win. Like me 5th grade teacher always said "Life isn't Fair deal with it!"

No one said the kids didn't deserve it, no one. And yes I am bitter, OK, and no I won't get over it, MOM.

No one said the kids didn't deserve it, no one. And yes I am bitter, OK, and no I won't get over it, MOM.

When you start throwing out slap stick comments like well your team has to beat teams 107 to 17 and play weak competition to get nominated you really thing that's saying goes the player is deserving? That's fine I hope it drives your crazy then and no I'm not your mother, but if I was your father you would have been whipped like a borrowed Mule wining like you have been