Riverdales Aydelott Resigns. New Era For Riverdale!

warrior82dad

Can't see Ron Crawford leaving Brentwood for Riverdale. White might have a chance since he played there and is familiar with the county, but no Head Coaching experience. I don't know who the Steve Britton guy is. Surprised you didn't mention Rector.

Steve Britton was the line and weight Coach at R'dale during the glory years. Gave R'dale the base that the consistent year after year success came from. You know the reason they made it to the Gold Ball game for about 6 or 7 straight years.

Was the odds on favorite to be the first Head Coach for Siegel until Rankin went to the head of the school board and had it killed. Just like he did when Ron Crawford was 'supposed' to get Blackman. When Rankin was leaving, so was Britton. Britton went to Franklin County and would have got the program going good, except the powers that be wanted to both run his program and gave him no support. Seems the sons of politically connected WOULD be playing over kids that had actual talent and willingness to work. Coach got fed up quickly and left to go to Tullahoma as an assistant. Is a coordinator there now.

As to Rector, I simply do not know him. One of the only down sides I have heard about him is his recommendation by some of the same folks that keep saying we should be happy with Coach A. The program cannot survive another bout of that. If he does come and is hired I will say I will give him the same consideration I will give whatever new Coach we get. That is three years to show that he is bringing the program back on course. After that it is game on and I will not sit by and see the kids suffer.

Life is not fair. If you really want to be the HC, then be prepared for everybody to be second guessing you.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

Reading comments some of your Riverdale fans/parents act like yall are the Alabama of HS football. The glory days are over. I wouldnt like to came to a place being ran by parents. That's yall first problem.

I think LOD understands that, he just wants the program to get back on track. The first step is to get players back on the team. 

Funny, just a few years ago people were saying the same thing about Alabama.  Most people don't even remember those days now. The right coach can make or break a program pretty quickly. 

Reading comments some of your Riverdale fans/parents act like yall are the Alabama of HS football. The glory days are over. I wouldnt like to came to a place being ran by parents. That's yall first problem.

Funny, just a few years ago people were saying the same thing about Alabama. Most people don't even remember those days now. The right coach can make or break a program pretty quickly.

Very tru but with so many schools popping up and kids basically can go to whatever school they want to it will be a good min.

Parents do NOT run the program. If they did Coach A would have been gone 5 years ago.

The Parents actually want the new Coach to succeed and they will go overboard to see that the Coach has what he needs, and 'wants' if it is within reason.

How do we know if Riverdale glory days are "over" or not? I get that some comment on here without a complete understanding of the situation. There were less than 50 true Varsity (Sophomore and higher) players on the team by the end of the year. I know the roster said different but it was from the beginning of the year.

Kids did not want to play for Coach A.

Whoever the coach is hopefully more kids will go out for the team. Ridiculous that one of the states largest HSs has a roster that low.