AA substate prediction

Basketball102

Kudos to CPA and Coach M, missing state by a whisper with a team which everyone thought couldn't get out of district due to loosing 2 stars. Sometimes a team gets better when star players leave because it elevates everyone else's game who come back.

Congrats to all teams that made it - they are deservant and big win for Whites Creek at CPA. Interesting to note CPA was 5-1 against state tourney teams, beating CAK, Westview, and Marshall County 3 times - all wins by double digits. Based on that, I am admittably biased, but CPA is the best team not in the final 8 field.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to all teams that made it - they are deservant and big win for Whites Creek at CPA. Interesting to note CPA was 5-1 against state tourney teams, beating CAK, Westview, and Marshall County 3 times - all wins by double digits. Based on that, I am admittably biased, but CPA is the best team not in the final 8 field.

Actually CPA beat Marshall County by 8 and 7 in the regular season.

CPA beat Marshall County 4 times. Last two (the two championship games) were by double digits. The first two (regular season) were close games.

with half there L's coming from prep school. and losing district by 5 and region by 8 championship.with two starters out. one of those starters avg 18 a game. and playing only 5 guys in both games they lost. and both starters are back tonight.I'll guess will see in a couple of more hours. how good they are??

I was impressed on how athletic they were and how good they could shoot.

CPA may have been 5-1 against state tourney teams but they were beat against Stewart county in the region. Stewart county's best player tore a ligament in his knee with 2:00 minutes left in the 3rd. They were in control, up 6, and on a run. Would have been great to see this team in the state tournament because AA is so wide open.

There are no teams from the west this year anywhere near the Bolivar, Liberty, South Side, or Haywood teams over the past 10-12 years. Westview plays very smart basketball and the Samms kid is a baller, but they aren't on the same planet athletically...on the other hand Fayette Ware has athletes, and #1 could play on any of the teams that won state from 14AA in years past, they just don't pass the eye test as being in the same league as them. State winner will come from middle or eastern divisions this year.

I agree that Westview is not a very athletic team but they can play, they are really good. I think they will not shoot the ball as well in that arena as they do everywhere else. Samms and Johnson will have a big load to carry for them to win a gold ball. As for Fayette-Ware, I think they have the talent and athleticism but my key factor is still, How much DISCIPLINE do they have. There is no doubt that Jackson and Norment can play with the best of the best but they come unraveled in adversity. This will be interesting. Lets go WEST TN!

I agree that Westview is not a very athletic team but they can play, they are really good. I think they will not shoot the ball as well in that arena as they do everywhere else. Samms and Johnson will have a big load to carry for them to win a gold ball. As for Fayette-Ware, I think they have the talent and athleticism but my key factor is still, How much DISCIPLINE do they have. There is no doubt that Jackson and Norment can play with the best of the best but they come unraveled in adversity. This will be interesting. Lets go WEST TN!

Westview is a very sound team fundamentally, they play above their talent level by using their heads and believing in the coach's system both on offense and defense. Johnson has the size and athleticism, and Samms has all the intangibles to give other teams problems...just don't see them beating three more athletic teams in four days, especially since there will be some with the same discipline as Westview there.

Fayette Ware can put 8-9 kids on the floor who can play, not counting #'s 1 and 25. They have shooters, slashers, and defenders enough to be an elite team with 25's mid range game and nose for the basket, and #1's all around game (he may be the best player on the floor an any given game), but as you said they can come unraveled when things go bad in short stretches. Just as Westview plays above their talent level, Fayette Ware usually doesn't play up to their potential. The Wildcats demolished South Side when they put a complete game together, but they rarely play a complete game.