Best Teams in Class AA

ballinup90

How is westview looking. They were fun to watch in the tournament last year.

They are looking very good. They are without their star point guard as she tore her ACL over the summer (will be back after Christmas) and have kept on rolling. They are looking good now but will be looking even better when she returns. They will be hard to beat with their inside post presence, outside shooting, and point guard that can drive and score or drive and kick at will.

name another who who do that to Oakland?

Quite a few. Oakland isn't as strong as the past years. They are 3rd or 4th in that district.

1. Riverdale

2. Stewarts Creek

3. Smyrna, Blackman, or Oakland (toss up for 3rd)

Upperman has a great team, but a 18 point win doesn't crown them the best in AA. If it  was a win over Riverdale/Stewarts Creek then okay, but Oakland. Na.

I'm not saying UHS is the best team in AA but they're on a very short list of top teams. Speculation is just that. One fact is UHS doesn't have as much bench as they did last year but they have some talented young players they may develop by tournament time. There very well may be several other AA teams that can handle Oakland just as easy but up to this point they have not.

Beating EN in the summer take it for what it is. Did both teams have all of there players? Did the starters play much? You know the top players on each team had most likely played all summer and were still in basketball shape. It was a summer game and not really much to tell from that in most cases. At this point the bigger concern for UHS is Livingston they return 4 starters from a very good team last year. So good luck to all on the season and we shall see who makes the glass house at the end.

I'd agree upperman is a top five team. I would not say favorite though and would not put them above the defending champs. Also would not put a player above the reigning MVP. Just my opinion. I thought westview was second best team last year. Looking forward to what they do. I think a sleeper is cheatham county. They were young last year and should be improved this year.

I'd agree upperman is a top five team. I would not say favorite though and would not put them above the defending champs. Also would not put a player above the reigning MVP. Just my opinion. I thought westview was second best team last year. Looking forward to what they do. I think a sleeper is cheatham county. They were young last year and should be improved this year.

I am going to respectfully disagree again. I think the Levy girl is the best player in AA. UHS has had a pretty tough schedule so far and won by double digits those far. Livingston will be in the mix but has struggled verse the top teams they have played losing 3. Traditionally the team who advances out of this district is a major player in sub state and beyond.  

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan