New Coach for McNairy Central

concernedbobcat

He has won when the game was played halfcourt. He has won when the game moved to fullcourt. He can adapt with any type of game.  You complain about discipline. What would you want him to do differently?  It is parents that do the most complaining. They are not the most impartial observers. They all want their child to be on the floor.

Ask the other coaches in the district what they think of Coach Lott. Their opinions will differ from your opinion. The Chester Co. coach is in the district finals because Coach Lott does have discipline. Bolivar's coach won the district about four years ago because Coach Lott has discipline.

I believe you must be related to him. You used him and Coach K in the same sentence earlier

It's time. I'm sorry that it is but there is no doubt that it is time. Players are going to quit, incoming freshmen aren't going to try out and the program will suffer. Matters not what other coaches or me think. Only one that counts is him and he needs to evaluate all aspects of the program especially himself. I think he was a good coach and the key is was

I'm not a relative of any players or coaches. I just try to be objective in my thoughts. If you talked to him, how can he improve discipline?  Coach K was criticized last year for being too old before his team won the national title. Age is just a number. He can coach. He just needs some shooters to come through that door.

You and I need to agree to disagree and both support the Bobcats. I will be for the team regardless of the coach, but I hope it is him for a couple more years.

Our county pay scale is so low that you would not get a good coach to come here. It would be like replacing Fulmer with Kiffin and Dooley. Not good.

Edited by Macnarry

Hard to win when you lose 4 of 5 starters from the previous year. I would challenge anyone to find any better players on the bench who should've been playing as well. Its amazing to me that every other coach around the state as well as north Mississippi knows and respects Lott and will tell you he's one of the best out there but people from his own community won't support him. No program can succeed without every person in the community buying in. Sure they had a bad year but they were young and they improved and will continue to improve. If everyone puts their personal matters aside and will support him and the team 100% good things are going to happen. Like Lincoln said, a house divided cannot stand. Same applies to an athletic program. Ask the coach what you can do to help don't tell him or anyone else what he should do to win.

Wow. You people keep your head in the sand and see what happens. This is not a last 2 years problem. Been happening for over 10 years now. Since Crayton & Wright, he lost control and has never gotten it back. Talk to former players and they'll tell you the same

I will support the Bobcats players no matter who the coach is and support the coach as well. I'm sorry you guys can't see it is time for him to step aside. I just hope you are right and you don't look back on this year and say we should've changed in 2016

Here's to what's best for all the current and future Bobcats

Hard to win when you lose 4 of 5 starters from the previous year. I would challenge anyone to find any better players on the bench who should've been playing as well. Its amazing to me that every other coach around the state as well as north Mississippi knows and respects Lott and will tell you he's one of the best out there but people from his own community won't support him. No program can succeed without every person in the community buying in. Sure they had a bad year but they were young and they improved and will continue to improve. If everyone puts their personal matters aside and will support him and the team 100% good things are going to happen. Like Lincoln said, a house divided cannot stand. Same applies to an athletic program. Ask the coach what you can do to help don't tell him or anyone else what he should do to win.

Best first post ever. Welcome to the 'T... glad to see a "newbie" on here who has priorities in order.

Bobcats83 idk if you've really went to games, got coaching experience or just another idiot relaying your thoughts. You probably feel like Chelsea bodiford wasn't good either would be my guess. But 52% from the 3pt line might not measure up to your standards. My point being I've listened to the same people over the years bash every coach who has been here and you people are the reason that no one wants to come here. You think you know everything and in reality you wouldn't know sports if someone else wrote the book for you. Its easy to set behind some screen name and talk your opinion or set in someone's office and talk your stuff. Why you people don't put your name in the hat to coach idk because you all act like you know it all. Reality is he's the best coach out there and aside from a few years has never had the best team. If you can't see that I understand why you hold a desk job or an assembly line job.

Bobcats83 idk if you've really went to games, got coaching experience or just another idiot relaying your thoughts. You probably feel like Chelsea bodiford wasn't good either would be my guess. But 52% from the 3pt line might not measure up to your standards. My point being I've listened to the same people over the years bash every coach who has been here and you people are the reason that no one wants to come here. You think you know everything and in reality you wouldn't know sports if someone else wrote the book for you. Its easy to set behind some screen name and talk your opinion or set in someone's office and talk your stuff. Why you people don't put your name in the hat to coach idk because you all act like you know it all. Reality is he's the best coach out there and aside from a few years has never had the best team. If you can't see that I understand why you hold a desk job or an assembly line job.

I'm not sure what Chelsea has to do with this because she probably should have shot more than she did and would have if they had actually run plays to get her shots

Obviously you've lost it a bit Bashed every coach? He's been the only one there for 40 years. He's had loads of talent, truck loads and they greatly underachieved IMO so get over yourself

I'll keep going to games and watching us lose. Be interesting to see how many of this years team returns.

I'll keep stating my opinion and supporting the bobcats. My desk job ain't so bad either

And like I said I hope all you Lott lovers are right but I don't believe you are