A Sectionals

Shozen

VanBuren has been beaten by Jackson County twice this year. Once by 40 in Jackson County and once in Spencer in a game that wasn't as close as the final score indicated. Clay will win by 60 if it wants to.

Clay Co is a fairly big gym but man will it be loud on Monday. GL in Spencer.

Mr. High and mighty has made his appearance. I hate to turn this into a "VB Jackson" thread but you're just flat out wrong lol. Yeah they blew us out the first game. We are a team full of sophomores that hits our rhythm in the middle of the season. But it was 28 points. Don't know where you got 40 from. And when we played them at home it was a back and forth game. I know when we came out after the half we got the lead up to 5 or 7 at one point. We lost by 3. You can't say a loss by 3 is "not as close as the final score indicated" VB just isn't a popular team like Clay and all the others and therefore not worthy of any praise from you apparently.

• Upvote 1

I think they will. You haven't seen speed like BTW! I think Halls will keep it close for awhile but BT will pull away in 4th. I've seen Halls,UC, Mitchell, and BTW play. Mitchell and BTW are at another level. Ask UC what they thought about Mitchell last year. Halls is probably the only team in the state other than Mitchell that could pull the upset but I don't think it will happen.

I have watched these boards for months. I have looked at schedules and one thing I will say is this 14 A is one of if not the toughest district in class A ball. There are 3 schools in this district with State Championships. You saw Halls and UC but not Halls against some of the other teams including our county rival Ripley who will also be in action Monday night in AA play. We don't talk a lot. We don't talk much in Lauderdale County we just leave it on the floor. Granted all four of these teams are outstanding but I wouldn't sing that song you singing to fast. 

It's a shame really that UC,Mitchell, Halls and BT all play each other , the 2 that lose could be better than 5 or 6 of the teams that make it to the boro!

You said a mouthful. I think this should be changed in the future because14 A is loaded with 4 to five good teams and 16 A is powerful also. It would be nice to shake it up a little but the travel would be rough for Middleton, BTW and Mitchell to be in region with Mckenzie and the outcome would be the same so what can be done but have them all travel to Middle Tennessee. It would be a heck of a tourney with all four.

Mr. High and mighty has made his appearance. I hate to turn this into a "VB Jackson" thread but you're just flat out wrong lol. Yeah they blew us out the first game. We are a team full of sophomores that hits our rhythm in the middle of the season. But it was 28 points. Don't know where you got 40 from. And when we played them at home it was a back and forth game. I know when we came out after the half we got the lead up to 5 or 7 at one point. We lost by 3. You can't say a loss by 3 is "not as close as the final score indicated" VB just isn't a popular team like Clay and all the others and therefore not worthy of any praise from you apparently.

My bad it was 41 when we took our starters out at home and yes they did end up cutting it to 29.  VB is a very good team on their home floor and it will take JC's best game to come out of there with a win no doubt about that.  What i meant was JC was up 10 or 12 with a couple minutes to go and yes VB hit a 3 on the last play of the game to cut it to 3 points.  That is why i said it wasn't as close as the score indicated.  So no disrespect meant towards VB at all.  Its going to be a close game no doubt about it.  On a neutral court JC wins big but VB plays so good at home its going to be tough to come out of there with a win.  You made the statement that VB would beat Jackson County when they haven't beaten them all year so instead of jumping on me because i said JC would win why don't you tell us why you think they will win? VanBuren plays in a weak district and region.  Its not your fault that no one else is good but sometimes when teams play this kind of schedule it comes back to bite them. Having this game on your home floor is huge though and i will agree with you that its going to be a tough game for both teams.  In the end you are making these statements mostly because its on your home floor and as a fan/parent i get that.  Good luck to you and your teams :)

Edited by UCSportsFan

To uc sports fan. We will not get best by 60. We played central and didn't get beat by 60. We may get beat but they will no they were in a game

No disrespect meant towards Marion Co.  If this was a football game i would be saying Marion County by as many as they want over Clay Co.  However its not, Clay will win this game pretty big and while no it won't be 60 it will not be close.  MC has some really good football players playing basketball IMO.  #4 is just a great athlete and he plays so hard.  No team will outwork MC that's for sure.   :popcorneater:

It's a shame really that UC,Mitchell, Halls and BT all play each other , the 2 that lose could be better than 5 or 6 of the teams that make it to the boro!

No doubt these are 4 of the best teams in the state tournament.  Outside of Clay County i don't know anyone else that stands much of a chance against the west teams.  We have faced this same dilemma on the girls side for the last 20 years.  Our 3rd and 4th place teams were better than just about anyone in the west.  Over the past 15 years there has been 11 state championships awarded to the girls teams that play in District 7A. You think its tough for y'all to get out of the substate?  Try getting out of this district knowing that you could and should be in the state tournament!    :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

The goal is to find the best team in the state, not to make the state tournament. Look at 7 AAA girls. Look at the football region of the Murfreesboro schools. It doesn't matter that you play in a tough district and region. It's only about winning the State Championship.

The goal is to find the best team in the state, not to make the state tournament. Look at 7 AAA girls. Look at the football region of the Murfreesboro schools. It doesn't matter that you play in a tough district and region. It's only about winning the State Championship.

• Upvote 1