Mitchell & Union City

uct

Gongrats Galilee go get the state title. I said from the start if you put pressure on them UC would turn the ball over. UC was held to two points in the fourth quarter. Another post talked about playing Parker out of position, he is playing at guard and if he stays at 6 4 or6 6 that is where he will play at the next level.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the hype is about with Stewart. Solid player, but with the offers he has I expected more. Doesn't look like a explosive athlete and struggles when he is matched with a quick and athletic defender. Maybe I need to see him on the AAU circuit.

First that UC fan base is the best I have seen. Stewart is a baller . He has no help on that team. Not to down UC but they need a PG very bad. Like last year making Deberry play point it is killing PS. Man this kid will be a much better college player than high school. In the 4th we we trapped and took the ball out of his hands. Coach Turner knew that Sisco was no threat to score at all so the guarding him was used to trap PS. I was impressed with PS because he really carried them. He is a Div player.

As for Ollison this kid can stroke it and has scary hops. The reverse dunk was showtime tonight. This team loves playing defense. The 4th Qtr lock down was nothing new go us. The points they scored was on a lucky tip in. At Mitchell you will get snatched for missing a defensive assignment before missing a layup.

Edited by Galilee

I don't see what the hype is about with Stewart. Solid player, but with the offers he has I expected more. Doesn't look like a explosive athlete and struggles when he is matched with a quick and athletic defender. Maybe I need to see him on the AAU circuit.

dmm88-  I was actually educated on the Stewart kid tonight.  He was offered 3 more BCS level scholarships by coaches that were at the game after a loss tonight at Mitchell.  So my curiosity got the best of me and I asked  the Associate Head Coach from the Big 12 why no one was interested in #2 from Mitchell (who I thought had a good game tonight).  He said the difference between Parker and that kid is simple.  He said that there may be 50,000 kids in the country 6'0"-6'3" that play the wing like #2.  But there are only about 50 people 6'4"- 6'5" that can truly play the point like Stewart and 20 of those 50 are in the NBA.  He stated that his size and skill are leaps and bounds ahead of most high school kids and he is college ready right now.  He told me to look up the ESPN ratings and see for myself because that is the only evaluation that college coaches care about.  I looked it up and pasted it below.  The kid is ranked the 15th best player in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207538/parker-stewart

I'm glad the Big 12 coach even gave me the time of day tonight because I now know what I thought about Stewart has substance.  I've been watching UC basketball for decades and Stewart is about as good as they come.  His 12 High Major scholarship offers validate that!!!!

dmm88-  I was actually educated on the Stewart kid tonight.  He was offered 3 more BCS level scholarships by coaches that were at the game after a loss tonight at Mitchell.  So my curiosity got the best of me and I asked  the Associate Head Coach from the Big 12 why no one was interested in #2 from Mitchell (who I thought had a good game tonight).  He said the difference between Parker and that kid is simple.  He said that there may be 50,000 kids in the country 6'0"-6'3" that play the wing like #2.  But there are only about 50 people 6'4"- 6'5" that can truly play the point like Stewart and 20 of those 50 are in the NBA.  He stated that his size and skill are leaps and bounds ahead of most high school kids and he is college ready right now.  He told me to look up the ESPN ratings and see for myself because that is the only evaluation that college coaches care about.  I looked it up and pasted it below.  The kid is ranked the 15th best player in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207538/parker-stewart

I'm glad the Big 12 coach even gave me the time of day tonight because I now know what I thought about Stewart has substance.  I've been watching UC basketball for decades and Stewart is about as good as they come.  His 12 High Major scholarship offers validate that!!!!

He's not a true point. Maybe in 2-3 years but today right now in highschool nope! not taking that bait at all. Correctoin he's the #15 shooting guard in the nation, the only kid in TN 2018 that has cracked the espn 60(#40) is the "true" 6'4 pg at hamilton heights(most of those kids are transplants so i don't really call them TN kids). And with his(PS) shooting ability i beg to differ that coaches may want him to be the primary ball handler bc ability can be wasted that way(has anyone not checked on malik newman lately? he's sure better than 11-2-2 per game even tho his team sucks). Stewart may be a baller in many aspects but mitchell is also alot smaller than they have been the past so the press has been better but it doesn't extract from the team's intensity. He may not have any help but it happens all the time in highschool. Hey even Malik Monk came to the shelby metro and couldn't overpower the East press, he showed NBA flashes for sure but you're definitely not going to beat them by yourself. And they are a young team with no transplants with the key players being 14-16 with 2+ years left, and i think they would eat hamilton heights lunch! but thats another argument for another forum. CONGRATS to the mitchell tigers hopefully they get a BTW matchup for revenge again and the gold ball bragging rights.

Just for clarification purposes, he isn't ranked the 15th best player in the country. He is ranked the 15th best PG in the country which are two totally different things. Here is the 2017 top 60 ranking for the best 60 players in the country and he isn't on the list:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2017/

Not taking anything away from the kid as I haven't seen him play and to be a 4* with high major offers is a great accomplishment in its own right. Just clarifying for accuracy's sake.

First that UC fan base is the best I have seen. Stewart is a baller . He has no help on that team. Not to down UC but they need a PG very bad. Like last year making Deberry play point it is killing PS. Man this kid will be a much better college player than high school. In the 4th we we trapped and took the ball out of his hands. Coach Turner knew that Sisco was no threat to score at all so the guarding him was used to trap PS. I was impressed with PS because he really carried them. He is a Div player.

As for Ollison this kid can stroke it and has scary hops. The reverse dunk was showtime tonight. This team loves playing defense. The 4th Qtr lock down was nothing new go us. The points they scored was on a lucky tip in. At Mitchell you will get snatched for missing a defensive assignment before missing a layup.

He's out of position...He's better off the ball...Not a PG...The teams that win at the highest levels have a true PG...We don't have one...DI level coaches know better than the average lay person and that's why he gets the offers...That and his work on AAU teams...What he is doing at the HS level is a moot point...Whatever he is showing against the real ballers when surrounded by real ballers is what is getting him the looks...

Good Luck to the Tigers...Looks like an All-Memphis final...