Wrestling Updates and Tidbits...

Sommers

11 hours ago, Appvol said:

Wow that Chittum Downey Match was really awesome in the championship 

IMO, Ryder Downey did absolutely nothing from the top position other than riding. Yes, I completely understand there is riding time but the top man must be working for a fall.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Appvol said:

2 Tennessee kids meet in the 1st round at 125

What's the odds of that considering we only have three (the other being Chittum) in the whole tournament? I would assume these two have trained together at various points in their life, maybe.

As far as a prediction, both are defensive wrestlers looking to counter, could be a 2-1 type of deal.  I give Flynn the advantage as he has wrestled far better competition this year.  Palmer has looked off at various points in the season, perhaps battling an injury or two. Lost to App State's Bellis twice.  Rectified that when it mattered most.  Regardless Palmer finishes his career as a two time qualifier, not bad, and great by recent TN D1 college wrestling standards.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

What's the odds of that considering we only have three (the other being Chittum) in the whole tournament? I would assume these two have trained together at various points in their life, maybe.

As far as a prediction, both are defensive wrestlers looking to counter, could be a 2-1 type of deal.  I give Flynn the advantage as he has wrestled far better competition this year.  Palmer has looked off at various points in the season, perhaps battling an injury or two. Lost to App State's Bellis twice.  Rectified that when it mattered most.  Regardless Palmer finishes his career as a two time qualifier, not bad, and great by recent TN D1 college wrestling standards.

They have trained together a little in the past, but Brayden was typically heavier than Cooper. They’ve been on several national teams together. It would have been nice to see them on opposite sides of the bracket for the chance at this match later in the tournament.

This will actually be Brayden’s 3rd time at nationals. It would be awesome to see him and Cooper (and Chittum) all end the year on the podium. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:15 PM, WrestlingGod said:

He couldnt get ANY offense going. Everything he tried was immediately shut down by Askey. 

He is too young. Word on the street is that he will do a Mormon mission followed by a redshirt to catch up. 

On 3/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, cbg said:

IMO, Ryder Downey did absolutely nothing from the top position other than riding. Yes, I completely understand there is riding time but the top man must be working for a fall.  

Carter Starocci says otherwise. That was a dominant ride of Griffith in the 2nd period in the Semis

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Carter Starocci says otherwise. That was a dominant ride of Griffith in the 2nd period in the Semis

What does Carter Starocci have to do with the Ryder Downey other than they both know how to ride.