TSSAA meeting

devilsden

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you on here that are quick to blast football officials should come give it a try. We are about to get things going. The state will be glad to have you professionals register and improve our roster of officials. Just for the record in football we (the association I'm in) are graded/observed for opportunities to work playoff games. We are prone to make mistakes but all the guys I work with put in as much as 4 to 10 hours a week not counting Friday night of work and study on officiating. Just be careful judging guys doing something most of you are scared to try

The officials in our area are simply bad. All the folks in my section can see it much better from 20 rows up at the 20 yard line. Sometimes I even notice bad calls when I've got my eyes on my phone instead of the game. I would join you but Omar doesn't have enough striped material to make my shirt size.

Those of you on here that are quick to blast football officials should come give it a try. We are about to get things going. The state will be glad to have you professionals register and improve our roster of officials. Just for the record in football we (the association I'm in) are graded/observed for opportunities to work playoff games. We are prone to make mistakes but all the guys I work with put in as much as 4 to 10 hours a week not counting Friday night of work and study on officiating. Just be careful judging guys doing something most of you are scared to try

Well, I will ask you then. Who are you "actually held accountable by in regards to your officiating?" I am not passing judgement but some of the things I have witnessed are inexcusable!! I.e. Maryville/WH, West/Rhea, 5 Downs!! Just a couple off the top of my head at midnight....

To many games left in question every year just by reading Coach-T. I've seen good crews of officials and on the other side of the coin during the playoffs I've seen crews come into Maryville that were a throw back to the crew officiating the championship game in the movie "Remember the Titans". To many good ole boy's that have been officiating for many years that need to be run off that are out on the field going through the motions and getting away with everything under the sun because of the time they have been calling. Those are the main one's that give the whole group a black eye.">http://2exbo7b.jpg

If NFL and NCAA officials get this call wrong on a consistent basis, what makes anyone think TSSAA officials can get it correct? Also remember the NFL and NCAA have the advantage of replay. This is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Eye haiv two uhgree wif thait...Eye watched sevrull SEC gaimes laist yeer whur a playur wuz flagged fer targitin' and tha cawl wuz ovurturned aftur lookin' att hit on ree-play...And eye've sean sevrull thait ort two haiv ben ovurterned and weren't aftur lookin' att hit on ree-play.... :popcorneater:

Well, I will ask you then. Who are you "actually held accountable by in regards to your officiating?" I am not passing judgement but some of the things I have witnessed are inexcusable!! I.e. Maryville/WH, West/Rhea, 5 Downs!! Just a couple off the top of my head at midnight....

Our local supervisors do a good job of trying to observe officials work. When you have 16+ games we service week after week it's hard for 3 or 4 guys to see every game, and official. I know we are graded pretty tough. The observing and grading is a thing that is and will continue to grow and improve. But also during this meeting TSSAA formed a group to study a way to grow the number of officials. This can only help the quality of officiating by hopefully creating competition for games to work. Because I know our assigning officer will use the BEST guys.