Stewie's Spring top 10 in 5A

HTV

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you both.  Apologies to my friends, Justin and Matt Price, but I would have put Farragut  in that 10 spot and had The Cougars on the bubble.  

But Donovan does a ton of research before he puts that together and he is a stand up guy and says it like he thinks it should be said.  Not an easy task.  

Otherwise I think the rest of the 10 are pretty solid.  Obviously debate on in what order they should go, but the good thing about high school football is that with a playoff system it is decided on the field, and not on paper.  

Edited by HTV

As you all have said, how does Farragut not even get an honorable mention?? I know it was last year, but Farragut beat two of the teams in the Top 10, and almost beat another one. Also, having Campbell County at 10 is a bit much, they went 5-6 last year and didn't have a quality win. I normally like the stuff this writer puts out, but I think he is way off in this top 10. 

I understand Indy at the top (until they loose) but replacing the offensive output from Bunch, Johnson and Wright is IMPOSSIBLE...... Centennial should be in the top ten......

Donovan always puts defending champion at number one in every class no matter what they have returning.  Tradition for him to do that.   Doesn't necessarily think they are best.   He told me his Dad always said until your beaten, your still the defending champ.

Centennial yes. Farragut should be considered and Campbell County may make big noise in the east.  Oak Ridge with Tee Higgins will be tough.  Plus they were able to put a passing game with the triple option. They seem to have gotten better as season went according to the scores.

Centennial yes. Farragut should be considered and Campbell County may make big noise in the east.  Oak Ridge with Tee Higgins will be tough.  Plus they were able to put a passing game with the triple option. They seem to have gotten better as season went according to the scores.

I may get bashed for saying this, but I don't think Campbell County has the speed to make a whole lot of noise. Well, unless they got a couple speedsters coming up that I didn't see last year. Yeah, a good solid team, but they just don't have the athleticism to make a big run. JMO.

I may get bashed for saying this, but I don't think Campbell County has the speed to make a whole lot of noise. Well, unless they got a couple speedsters coming up that I didn't see last year. Yeah, a good solid team, but they just don't have the athleticism to make a big run. JMO.

Sweet I watched them against GCA last year on TV and having 90% of their starting squad back plus they have a great coaching staff would be my thoughts on this. You have to think about it a minute that Campbell County was every teams whipping boy for not only years but decades. What this coaching staff has done is a miracle so with that many returning players I expect some good things.