Memory Lane: 1991 Oak Ridge Wildcats (25-year anniversary)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is they? All the different names you use on here?

I will try to slow it down for you, Pops -Todd Helton won Mr. football in 1991- my question is -do you agree with it? I was trying to use "The name dropper" as my username, but they said that Willie the wildcat is already taken Edited by Runswithknife

I will try to slow it down for you, Pops -Todd Helton won Mr. football in 1991- my question is -do you agree with it? I was trying to use "The name dropper" as my username, but they said that Willie the wildcat is already taken

Here's my take on it. Todd Helton was a good choice and Shawn Summers would've been a good choice. The voting took place before the semifinal game (at least that's what we were told back then) and had it been done AFTER the semifinal game, then Summers would've won the award because of what he did in that game and then leading his team to the state title. So for the record, I would've voted for Helton prior to the semifinal game (which is when it took place I think), and I would've voted for Summers had the vote occurred after the semifinal game.

Here's my take on it. Todd Helton was a good choice and Shawn Summers would've been a good choice. The voting took place before the semifinal game (at least that's what we were told back then) and had it been done AFTER the semifinal game, then Summers would've won the award because of what he did in that game and then leading his team to the state title. So for the record, I would've voted for Helton prior to the semifinal game (which is when it took place I think), and I would've voted for Summers had the vote occurred after the semifinal game.

That is a good point.