Top AAA teams in 2016-17

SweetScience

East lost today to Brentwood Academy by 5, for the second year in a row. Yes East is without Lomax but you would think since private school is overlooked so much they would still be able to handle them. Brentwood's tallest kid is around 6"4. East has at least 5 players 6'4 and taller. The private schools should be respected more, would love to see this matchup in the season in maybe the penny classic. CBHS vs East tomorrow at noon may be a good one afterall. Garland had 24, Oatsvall 17, Lawson 18, Pig Washington 19.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#0 I think Desmond from Kirby HS, also plays for Team Thad, don't know his last name but he might be the best guard in the city. Kid got game

Not even close to being the best in the city. He's good but if you considering all 1's and 2's he's not top 5

Saw East for the second time since last year. Same thing I said then. Very talented team, but I don't think they play hard all the time. I see a few guys out there just trying to get numbers

I watched East play 4 games in the MUS Classic, and I see a very talented team that plays together and plays very hard. They when games because they play hard. They defense is relentless and they never stop bringing pressure. Plus they was beating teams without one of they best players in Lomax.

No one in Triple A in the city is going to beat East. Brentwood has a real good team. Garland hooping, no doubt and they got good all around guards. Ain't no surprise they beat East, they beat em last year. East was without Mr Basketball and 6'3 who was big in the state title game last year.

East was walking dead against a private school with 1 athlete, down by 5 with a minute left. Albeit they were missing Lomax who changes the team but CBHS was missing their starting pg also, and the backup is the reason why the 5 pt lead was blown along with an apparent over the back. In my opinion Penny strives at what Coach Luckett is lacking in from the past 2 years showings, late game adjustments and morale boosting. Triple A may not be as strong as last year in the city, but East can definitely be beat. Region 8 is still Region 8, if East doesn't get up for a game against a Whitehaven, Houston, or Kirby they could lose. But at their best, a team would have to have a near perfect game to defeat them.

I think Saturday's game showed who the best two teams in the area are heading into the next year barring any injuries or major transfers. I'd go East, and Cordova/CBHS in a toss up. Cordova would be a good matchup because they do not overwhelm with size like East does. And 57-3 over the last two seasons can't be ignored. I really hope the Penny Classic features Brentwood Academy, it's normally about bringing in highly ranked players and BA has that in Garland and a few SEC bound players that will end up on the gridiron. A healthy Lomax versus Garland could pack a gym (not that East needs help packing one), but I'm sure Penny would want revenge after losing 2 summers in a row. 

Edited by TonyG