Region 4-4a

You are the idiot. Trying to accuse a school of cheating when you don't have any factual evidence other than throwing out acusations. Cover up what lie? Prove Marshall County is cheating or keep your mouth shut! It's pretty simple. Now go find your safe space like a good boy. I'm not trying to change any story. The fact remains that yes the previous residence has to be vacant but nowhere and I mean NOWHERE in the rule book does it state that the residence has to be SOLD. Now if you want to post the rule where it states "the previous residence has to be sold" then I will admit I am wrong. Happy hunting.

Edited by leadfarmer

2016-17 TSSAA Handbook

Page 16 July 7, 2015

Section 12. Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

a. The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA;

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old

residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of

the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of

residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year

to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer

without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next

report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

c. The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or re-assignment of students by the local

school system provided the student transfers at the time they are re-zoned or re-assigned;

d. The student is moving from a boarding school where they are a boarder to the school serving the

territory where his/her parents live, or vice versa, provided the student has attended the school

he/she is leaving for a minimum of twelve months and provided the principal at the school he/she is

leaving indicates in writing that the move is not for athletic or disciplinary reasons. The move must be

at the beginning of the school year. (Note: The school must be outside the day school territory of the

boarding school.);

e. The student is transferring to a senior high school in the same system into the earliest grade offered

at that senior high school, i.e. at the student's first opportunity to move to that school;

f. The student who has been determined by a Court to be dependent and neglected and consequently

changes residences and schools as a result of a Court order;

g. The first time the student changes residence from one parent to the other as a result of a court

ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move

was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons; or

h. The first time the student changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as a result of a

court ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the

move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons;

i. The student is attending school where the student's parent works as a full-time certified teacher, that

parent takes a full-time job as a certified teacher at a different school, and the student transfers to the

school where the parent takes the new job. The transfer must take place when the parent takes the

job or, if the job change occurs during the school year, the transfer must be made at the beginning of

the following school year;

j. The student who transfers from school A to school B and then returns to school A without having

participated in any sport at any level or without practicing three or more days in any sport at any level

at school B. This must be verified in writing by the administration of school B.

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last

participation date:

a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence

is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old

school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school;

c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian

return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one

complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student

will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

2016-17 TSSAA Handbook

Page 16 July 7, 2015

Section 12. Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

a. The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA;

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old

residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of

the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of

residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year

to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer

without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next

report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

c. The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or re-assignment of students by the local

school system provided the student transfers at the time they are re-zoned or re-assigned;

d. The student is moving from a boarding school where they are a boarder to the school serving the

territory where his/her parents live, or vice versa, provided the student has attended the school

he/she is leaving for a minimum of twelve months and provided the principal at the school he/she is

leaving indicates in writing that the move is not for athletic or disciplinary reasons. The move must be

at the beginning of the school year. (Note: The school must be outside the day school territory of the

boarding school.);

e. The student is transferring to a senior high school in the same system into the earliest grade offered

at that senior high school, i.e. at the student's first opportunity to move to that school;

f. The student who has been determined by a Court to be dependent and neglected and consequently

changes residences and schools as a result of a Court order;

g. The first time the student changes residence from one parent to the other as a result of a court

ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move

was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons; or

h. The first time the student changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as a result of a

court ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the

move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons;

i. The student is attending school where the student's parent works as a full-time certified teacher, that

parent takes a full-time job as a certified teacher at a different school, and the student transfers to the

school where the parent takes the new job. The transfer must take place when the parent takes the

job or, if the job change occurs during the school year, the transfer must be made at the beginning of

the following school year;

j. The student who transfers from school A to school B and then returns to school A without having

participated in any sport at any level or without practicing three or more days in any sport at any level

at school B. This must be verified in writing by the administration of school B.

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last

participation date:

a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence

is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old

school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school;

c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian

return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one

complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student

will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

+1

No affiliation with any schools in region 4a, but as a former Tennessee High school football coach who has dealt with transfer student before my understanding is as long as there is a change of address in the new school zone and you no longer receive any mail at the other address (water bills, electric bills, etc.) At the time the student is enrolled then the player is eligible to play. The house does not have to be sold just vacant and no mail with that address and your name on it. Now if the player has enrolled and any mail is post marked on or after the enrollment date to the old address then that's were the player is not eligible.

My 2 cents from a former coach

Lead sorry pal but that's some funny skit! "Is your name Hillary". What in the world have you stirred up....the rule book ......really?

JAFO you know BooWhoWiseMans M.O. when his team can't win against a team he throws a out cheating acusations. He tried telling me that the previous residence had to be sold to make a transfer legal. He didn't want to post where it said the residence had to be "sold". So I posted it for him. I also can't seem to find where it says the word "vacant" in the rule either. Still waiting for him to point it out. Edited by leadfarmer

A few thoughts:

1) this is high school football, your team winning doesn't make you a better person, nor does your team losing make you a bad person.

2) an unconfirmed rumor is just that, a rumor

3) who downloads a TSSAA rule book and memorizes the section about illegal players moving into your district?

4) if your self worth is enhanced by talking smack and calling people stupid on a message board, you are pretty worthless to begin with.

I will support my kid and my team, and will wish our opponents good luck in every game but the one they face us. Grow up and cheer your team, but PLEASE don't expect any congratulations for talking smack...the game is about the athletes, not some internet Al Bundy reliving his "glory days"

A few thoughts:

1) this is high school football, your team winning doesn't make you a better person, nor does your team losing make you a bad person.

2) an unconfirmed rumor is just that, a rumor

3) who downloads a TSSAA rule book and memorizes the section about illegal players moving into your district?

4) if your self worth is enhanced by talking smack and calling people stupid on a message board, you are pretty worthless to begin with.

I will support my kid and my team, and will wish our opponents good luck in every game but the one they face us. Grow up and cheer your team, but PLEASE don't expect any congratulations for talking smack...the game is about the athletes, not some internet Al Bundy reliving his "glory days"

I'll post the rule book all day long then maybe your boy will get the hint that he, in fact, does not know everything! Edited by leadfarmer

You are an idiot. Marshall got put on probation for a coach giving a ride to a player that wasn't in zone. Is that in the rule book?

.Didnt scower the rule book. I simply looked at what you were claiming and it wasnt there. So i took the liberty to post it so you could see for yourself. Since then you have completely ignored it.yes, yes they did. We are discussing transfers here junior and furthermore the kid was already in the enrolment process. Therefore the coaches didn't think they were breaking a rule but as it turns out they did. Took their punishment and moved on. Seems like that's something you can't seem to do. Everyone on the T knows what you are about. Drag every team through the mudd to make yourself feel better but let someone speak up about and that's not ok. Now if you will excuse me I have some cars to build so the fine folks of Spring Hill can keep their property values up. Edited by leadfarmer

.Didnt scower the rule book. I simply looked at what you were claiming and it wasnt there. So i took the liberty to post it so you could see for yourself. Since then you have completely ignored it.yes, yes they did. We are discussing transfers here junior and furthermore the kid was already in the enrolment process. Therefore the coaches didn't think they were breaking a rule but as it turns out they did. Took their punishment and moved on. Seems like that's something you can't seem to do. Everyone on the T knows what you are about. Drag every team through the mudd to make yourself feel better but let someone speak up about and that's not ok. Now if you will excuse me I have some cars to build so the fine folks of Spring Hill can keep their property values up.

Obviously we are not going to agree. So I personally will let it go. However I strongly encourage you to call TSSAA, 615-8896740 and ask them that question. You will see that I am right. You will still deny it but you will hear from the big dogs themselves. Plus I highly doubt you build cars as that takes some intelligence. Or maybe we have the reason for all the recent recalls.😂