Region 6 2A

BigEdMo

Anybody going to take his bait besides me? Why would USJ be a great fit?

A few reasons. If you're a fan of High School football here in West Tennessee, you want to see good quality football games that you wouldn't mind traveling to go see. With JCM closing and Rossville Christian no longer having a football program, that sets up to see 2 good football games on October 7th. Blackman travels to Southside and USJ will be in Milan. In addition, Murfreesboro Oakland will be playing at Haywood on that same night. Three good football games that could possibly turn ugly, but it's something that'll be exciting as a fan. I want to see USJ play Adamsville, a game against Trinity that'll could determine seeding in the playoffs. I don't want to see USJ play Tipton-Rosemark and FACS, no way someone will have any interest to watch that. It's great for football in West Tennessee. Seeing USJ step up and play D-1 (which won't happen for now on because of these reclassification stuff that's going on).

Wonder why Mickey Marley was just really an average coach despite his "amazing" record? Because he played those teams and beat up on them for years, however, he still got his fair share of credibility. But once he retired and and everybody looked at his "win vs. opponents that finished above .500 record" it was brutal, and full of disappointment. And that's why Mickey Marley was a little overrated once people saw that. In D-2 you only play like 12 games to reach Cookeville, in D-1, you have to play 14 games. More opportunities to lose. Can't hate when you have facts in front of you.

But yes, USJ moving to D-1 will be a win-win for everybody except USJ, but it won't happen. And I'll still have a frown on my face, no smiles!!!

A few reasons. If you're a fan of High School football here in West Tennessee, you want to see good quality football games that you wouldn't mind traveling to go see. With JCM closing and Rossville Christian no longer having a football program, that sets up to see 2 good football games on October 7th. Blackman travels to Southside and USJ will be in Milan. In addition, Murfreesboro Oakland will be playing at Haywood on that same night. Three good football games that could possibly turn ugly, but it's something that'll be exciting as a fan. I want to see USJ play Adamsville, a game against Trinity that'll could determine seeding in the playoffs. I don't want to see USJ play Tipton-Rosemark and FACS, no way someone will have any interest to watch that. It's great for football in West Tennessee. Seeing USJ step up and play D-1 (which won't happen for now on because of these reclassification stuff that's going on).

Wonder why Mickey Marley was just really an average coach despite his "amazing" record? Because he played those teams and beat up on them for years, however, he still got his fair share of credibility. But once he retired and and everybody looked at his "win vs. opponents that finished above .500 record" it was brutal, and full of disappointment. And that's why Mickey Marley was a little overrated once people saw that. In D-2 you only play like 12 games to reach Cookeville, in D-1, you have to play 14 games. More opportunities to lose. Can't hate when you have facts in front of you.

But yes, USJ moving to D-1 will be a win-win for everybody except USJ, but it won't happen. And I'll still have a frown on my face, no smiles!!!

As much as I want to, I can't disagree with alot of what you said.  Some like Coach Marley being overrated because I think he was a good coach, but as you said, facts are facts.  I think depth plays a tremendous role in football, but especially with teams like these in which most players go both ways.  That's really hard to do for an entire game and when the injury bug hits, devastating to most.  I think this is the area in which USJ is going to change the most besides play calling; just like a coach once told me when I told him the other team in numbers was much smaller than us and he said, they may only have 35 players but they're the right 35.  Sorry to high jack the 6-2A thread and I will go back to my area, but it's lonely over there.

As much as I want to, I can't disagree with alot of what you said. Some like Coach Marley being overrated because I think he was a good coach, but as you said, facts are facts. I think depth plays a tremendous role in football, but especially with teams like these in which most players go both ways. That's really hard to do for an entire game and when the injury bug hits, devastating to most. I think this is the area in which USJ is going to change the most besides play calling; just like a coach once told me when I told him the other team in numbers was much smaller than us and he said, they may only have 35 players but they're the right 35. Sorry to high jack the 6-2A thread and I will go back to my area, but it's lonely over there.

I think it would be great if USJ came back to D1 and played in Region 6 but we know that won't happen. TCA and JC are more likely to go D2 than USJ come back. If they were in that region they would be assured of tough games every year against Adamsville, McKenzie, TCA, JC and sometimes Halls. As TVol said they wouldn't have the weak games against Tipton and Rossville that doesn't do them any good. USJ would win the region on occasion and would always be competitive even when they didn't win the region. D2 board is kind of quiet these days isn't it. Going to be interesting to see how USJ does this year.

I think it would be great if USJ came back to D1 and played in Region 6 but we know that won't happen. TCA and JC are more likely to go D2 than USJ come back. If they were in that region they would be assured of tough games every year against Adamsville, McKenzie, TCA, JC and sometimes Halls. As TVol said they wouldn't have the weak games against Tipton and Rossville that doesn't do them any good. USJ would win the region on occasion and would always be competitive even when they didn't win the region. D2 board is kind of quiet these days isn't it. Going to be interesting to see how USJ does this year.

Intense I think you're right on the move to D2.  I agree on the hypothetical region alignment as well except we already play TCA and JC so Adamsville and McKenzie would be the new tough games, but ECS, Briarcrest and St. Georges are no slouches.  Throw in Battleground Academy and an out of conference Milan and I think we are playing some pretty good teams already.

They voted 3 classes in D2. With 265 cut off for D2 A. D2 AA would have ensworth and the likes. Where do you think TCA and JC choose to go

Seems like I read somewhere the 1.8 multiplier remains intact, but the elimination of the maximum 1 class increase.  So does this mean TCA or JC could be moved up more than 1 class to 3A if they remain in D-1?  If this is accurate (again I thought I read it), it would be a significant change.

Seems like I read somewhere the 1.8 multiplier remains intact, but the elimination of the maximum 1 class increase. So does this mean TCA or JC could be moved up more than 1 class to 3A if they remain in D-1? If this is accurate (again I thought I read it), it would be a significant change.

I would imagine TCA would move over. Just wonder if we would go to lower level. Or move up to class with USJ

Intense I think you're right on the move to D2. I agree on the hypothetical region alignment as well except we already play TCA and JC so Adamsville and McKenzie would be the new tough games, but ECS, Briarcrest and St. Georges are no slouches. Throw in Battleground Academy and an out of conference Milan and I think we are playing some pretty good teams already.

I definitely agree you have a very tough out of conf schedule. ST Georges is a much better team than Adamaville on a year in year out basis. We know because we have played both the last 4 years. ECS would be a top 3 team in our region every year. My point would be for USJ to move over and keep their games with SG and ECS like TCA has done. There are no super weak teams in region 6 like Rossvile and TRA. Gibson County would be the closest but they are improving every year. Region 6 is just tougher from top to bottom than the D2 conf USJ plays in. Top 3 in that division would be As good or better than top 4 in Region 6 though. Good discussion, especially since it's not going to happen! Lol. Multiplier would not send TCA to 3A. No way we could compete in 3A. My gut is that we will go to D2 and play up because we would be in smallest division. I would bet JC would do the same. JC, TCA, USJ, SG and ECS would be a pretty good division. Maybe SG will play up! They have about 440 students compared to our 240. I believe USJ I has about 330 or so.

Edited by TCAIntense

I definitely agree you have a very tough out of conf schedule. ST Georges is a much better team than Adamaville on a year in year out basis. We know because we have played both the last 4 years. ECS would be a top 3 team in our region every year. My point would be for USJ to move over and keep their games with SG and ECS like TCA has done. There are no super weak teams in region 6 like Rossvile and TRA. Gibson County would be the closest but they are improving every year. Region 6 is just tougher from top to bottom than the D2 conf USJ plays in. Top 3 in that division would be As good or better than top 4 in Region 6 though. Good discussion, especially since it's not going to happen! Lol. Multiplier would not send TCA to 3A. No way we could compete in 3A. My gut is that we will go to D2 and play up because we would be in smallest division. I would bet JC would do the same. JC, TCA, USJ, SG and ECS would be a pretty good division. Maybe SG will play up! They have about 440 students compared to our 240. I believe USJ I has about 330 or so.

Good points all the way around-- I think playing up in D2 AA will be beneficial for TCA and JC because you will continue to play us due to rivalry anyway and might as well be district play.  I hope Ensworth and Brentwood Acad play up too because as of right now, they're in our division AA!

On a different note, I wonder if Adamsville has a kid named Hill this year?  Fine young man and a great athlete at least during middle school age.

Good points all the way around-- I think playing up in D2 AA will be beneficial for TCA and JC because you will continue to play us due to rivalry anyway and might as well be district play. I hope Ensworth and Brentwood Acad play up too because as of right now, they're in our division AA!

On a different note, I wonder if Adamsville has a kid named Hill this year? Fine young man and a great athlete at least during middle school age.

I remember when we were in the same district with USJ! It's been about 20 yrs ago though! The Hill kid you're referring to is a freshman this year! He was at USJ middle school until his parents moved to Adamsville, great kid!! His mom is from here, she graduated a couple years behind me! His dad is the QB coach at JSouthside I believe!