Region 6 2A

BigEdMo

I remember when we were in the same district with USJ! It's been about 20 yrs ago though! The Hill kid you're referring to is a freshman this year! He was at USJ middle school until his parents moved to Adamsville, great kid!! His mom is from here, she graduated a couple years behind me! His dad is the QB coach at JSouthside I believe!

Back in the day!  Great to hear about the freshman- I bet he turns out to be a good one for y'all and glad he's at a good school/program.  I will move off the 6 2A board now so y'all can get back to discussing your district.  It's been fun and good luck everybody!

Back in the day! Great to hear about the freshman- I bet he turns out to be a good one for y'all and glad he's at a good school/program. I will move off the 6 2A board now so y'all can get back to discussing your district. It's been fun and good luck everybody!

Hey, you're welcome in this board and thread anytime. There's not many USJ posters on the T. There's actually just a couple of us TCA posters so you can chime in anytime and no one will mind. Always good to have other opinions. Do you have a son playing for USJ?

Hey, you're welcome in this board and thread anytime. There's not many USJ posters on the T. There's actually just a couple of us TCA posters so you can chime in anytime and no one will mind. Always good to have other opinions. Do you have a son playing for USJ?

Thanks Intense.  I may just do that from time to time.  Yes I have one playing (or at least on the team). I think football is one of those sports that teach a lot of life lessons, but the same could be said for all sports.  Bringing the guys closer together and learning to depend on someone other than yourself is a great aspect.  Good programs bring out the best in kids and I think for the most part, that's what all of these schools do.

Thanks Intense. I may just do that from time to time. Yes I have one playing (or at least on the team). I think football is one of those sports that teach a lot of life lessons, but the same could be said for all sports. Bringing the guys closer together and learning to depend on someone other than yourself is a great aspect. Good programs bring out the best in kids and I think for the most part, that's what all of these schools do.

Well said & you are right! Some life long friendships made on the gridiron!

Munford rolls into town tomorrow. Finally we get to hit someone besides our own players.

Munford will be an interesting team this year. They lost to Brighton by 4 last year and Memphis Central I believe by 2. A combined 6 points away from being 10-0 last year. Really didn't like the fact Coach Kirby left to be the an assistant at Crockett. They do an amazing job of running their sports and band program. They had a kid that played baseball who went on to play at Vanderbilt. Munford and Brighton doesn't get a lot off attention. Two schools that has well over 1,000 kids each, 3-5 miles separating each other. A Munford/Brighton football game is the only game that is on the bucket list that I have not gone too. Can't imagine what the atmosphere will be like. Meanwhile, not going to say a whose a favorite in this game because it's a scrimmage; pointless to say that. But good luck to your Cardinals and the Cougars!!!