Volunteer High Football Out of the cellar?

DandDD

A couple of years after Coach Rider came in he had built a pretty good coaching staff. Had some really excited young coaches come in. One of the Whiten boys and Casey Sivert (Cherokee's coaches son). Both were great. The team that year went to the playoff, Beat Tn High in the first round. probably the biggest win in school history. Things were looking up. The next year Whiten left for the Head Coach position at John Battle and Sivert left to coach with his dad at Cherokee. 

Coaching staff went back to the old coaches just drawing a supplement. Not near the dedication for success. Not been very good since then.

Barry Jones can get it done but he has to have a staff to accomplish it. With the way County schools do their coach assignments I'm not sure it's possible

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm a big Blue Devil fan. My dad played there, several cousins played there. My nephew was the quarterback on the 2010 State Championship team. and the Collier kid is my brother-in laws nephew. So I always keep up with them and go to several if not all the games each year. Curious how that scrimmage goes. GC should be much improved (may be back to there traditional winning ways) . Good test for the Falcons.

Good win for the Falcons! 235 yards rushing by Sayler. I would assume that's a school record? Only

Guys I could think of that came that close were Sanchez releford and randy jones. Having said that, don't get too caught up in the win because north comes to town next week. Always a tough team and they just destroyed central. If volunteer loses to north, i don't see them contending for a playoff spot. Not with Greeneville, Seymour, Cherokee, east, south, and grainger on the schedule.

Good win for the Falcons! 235 yards rushing by Sayler. I would assume that's a school record? Only

Guys I could think of that came that close were Sanchez releford and randy jones. Having said that, don't get too caught up in the win because north comes to town next week. Always a tough team and they just destroyed central. If volunteer loses to north, i don't see them contending for a playoff spot. Not with Greeneville, Seymour, Cherokee, east, south, and grainger on the schedule.

Chris Christian had some good games back in the day but I don't know if he had any 200+ games.