Volunteer High Football Out of the cellar?

DandDD

I think you all will see Boone Crockett TN High Cherokee Volunteer... and someone.  That is a pretty good conference for each other.  Not so much competition wise outside of it, but getting rid of Greeneville and avoiding Elizabethon would help Volunteer's program.

You don't think MoWest and East would be in that league?

Only thing that would help volunteer is get put in the same region as cloudland and little 1a schools. Maybe then they could win more than 2-3 games a year...MAYBE!

Well Northview beat Cloudland week 1. So I'm not too sure about that being ok either. Guess we'll see Friday night how that goes.

Anyone know what Volunteer's enrollment is this fall? Curious if they will stay in 4A next year with the reclassification or if they will get bumped to 5A.

The TSSAA hasn't even announced if they're going to keep the 6 class system with the Super 32 or what they're going to next year.  Volunteer is a large 4A school with about 1050ish kids year in and year out.  The cutoff for 5A last time was about 1100.

If it's 6 even classes, which has been discussed, they'll be 5A and competing against Boone, TN High, and pretty much the entire old Big 8, minus D-B and Science Hill.  If they stay Super 32, they'll probably be a big 4A again.

Good win for the Falcons! 235 yards rushing by Sayler. I would assume that's a school record? Only

Guys I could think of that came that close were Sanchez releford and randy jones. Having said that, don't get too caught up in the win because north comes to town next week. Always a tough team and they just destroyed central. If volunteer loses to north, i don't see them contending for a playoff spot. Not with Greeneville, Seymour, Cherokee, east, south, and grainger on the schedule.

School record is something like 369 by Tylee Henry in '97.

School record is something like 369 by Tylee Henry in '97.

My son played his sophomore year with Randy Jones. Very good back. They actually made the playoffs that year. Beat #### co. the last game of the year to get in (Randy had 300 yds rushing that night in Newport). When my son was a freshman he played a little special teams on varsity, so he got to be around Sanchez. Great back. 1,800 yds rushing that year on a losing team. He also probably broke the school (maybe the state record for fumbles). he had something like 23 fumbles lost. Coach Venable would take him out if we had a lead to prevent losing the ball.  Still he was very exciting to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon faithful, this could be the year for you vs Sullivan South, imo. They're young, have a few key injuries, and have THE worst, most predictable play calling I have ever witnessed. The current Reb staff has killed South football. I hate to see such a rich tradition die. If this staff had been at Church Hill, you guys would have ran them off already. Haha

Edited by Pudding

Glad to see East having some good teams in the last couple of years. When my son was at Volunteer, East had a couple of good teams ( 10 win season in one of those years). They have always been a lot like Volunteer. Pretty much a W on everyone's schedule. Hopefully both programs are changing that trend.

Good luck to the Falcons when they play. That would be a big win if it happened (probably would get them in the playoff picture).