Week 1: Oneida @ Oakdale

crow

Guest Fall101

Yes and no. Yes he was an assistant at Whitwell some time back but if I'm not mistaken he was a HC at a school in Georgia when we got him. I'm not 100% on that but pretty sure.

Ok gotcha. What's he coaching?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh.......it is slow.  I believe there is a show me what ya got kinda feel to this season.  You want to be good and you look legit up to this point but it just wait and see, you know?  I call Bam running Tush Hog over the Eagles, and they try to stack things and get burnt over the top.  Pujo, remember this name (Hood), he is a young one, but he is gonna be a dandy.  Will make some noise on this years team.  About to get it rolling.....!

Kazzaniloonie

Guest Fall101

Sheesh.......it is slow. I believe there is a show me what ya got kinda feel to this season. You want to be good and you look legit up to this point but it just wait and see, you know? I call Bam running Tush Hog over the Eagles, and they try to stack things and get burnt over the top. Pujo, remember this name (Hood), he is a young one, but he is gonna be a dandy. Will make some noise on this years team. About to get it rolling.....!

Kazzaniloonie

I played with both of his brothers! They were very good when they wanted to be. I just wish the middle Hood would had better luck out of his ACLs.

Crow gotta question for ya! This may be old news, but did Oneida hire Whitwells old head coach as an assistant?

Local Oneida newspaper: (Billy Barnhart) Former offensive lineman class 1A lineman and Florida state champion. He parted ways unceremoniously with Towns County(GA) after two seasons there. Prior to that, he resigned after three seasons at Whitwell"

"Everyone I called said, Coach, if you get a chance to go work for Coach Lambert at Oneida, you need to jump on it" I had been looking for a job for a few months, had interviewed several places, had a few opportunities but nothing felt right to me" He came across the job on the TSSAA job board, watched the pregame video of Oneida vs Coalfield 2014, started researching the school and coach Lambert(Lambert ask him to do research on him, meanwhile Lambert was doing research on Barnhart).

1/14/14: Times Free Press

Billy Barnhart resigns as Whitwell coach

Barnhart never had been a head coach before taking the Whitwell job and went 1-9 in his first two seasons, but he led the Tigers to a 5-5 record this past season. They were unbeaten in the month October, with four wins by an average of 51-9.

Whitwell hasn't been to the state football playoffs since 2005 and hasn't had a winning season in 10 years.

"This was the toughest decision I've had to make in my career," said Barnhart, who was an assistant at Ridgeland from 2006 to '09. "I used the word 'anguished' when I spoke to the team about how I had wrestled with this decision for the last few weeks, because I really wasn't sure until just recently.

"I thought we turned a corner last season, but I believe it's in the best interest of the program and for me and my family that I step away and that they find someone who can generate more support from the community. I wanted to do it now to give the school time to find a replacement before spring practice, but I do believe I'm leaving the program in better shape than when I took over."

Edited by TheOgre78

Sheesh.......it is slow.  I believe there is a show me what ya got kinda feel to this season.  You want to be good and you look legit up to this point but it just wait and see, you know?  I call Bam running Tush Hog over the Eagles, and they try to stack things and get burnt over the top.  Pujo, remember this name (Hood), he is a young one, but he is gonna be a dandy.  Will make some noise on this years team.  About to get it rolling.....!

Kazzaniloonie

I remember the Brothers Kaz. I'm sure he'll be a dandy.