South Pittsburg vs Seqatchie (Grider against this Caine man)

Roy Dillard

I don't see it that way. Yes, a sloppy field will hamper the cut, but it will also hamper the defender's ability to engage the runner if he does manage to cut as much as he can. Think of the line of scrimmage as a equals sign. Mathematics proves that an equation has to be equal on both sides of the sign. Rain doesn't affect just one side of the line of scrimmage - it affects both sides. If the field were dry, and the runner cut on a fly sweep, wouldn't the defender's ability to engage after the cut be better on a dry field? Yes, rain diminishes abilities, but it diminishes abilities on both sides of the ball. The amount of TD's might be less, but it will be less on both sides. Whoever was going to win on a dry field should also win on a wet field.

However, I will concede that if a team's offense is so shallow that it relies only on fly sweeps it's not much of a team. I don't consider the Pirates to be that shallow of a team.

Fly sweeps usually can't be ran in swampy conditions is what I'm saying. Most coaches probably just eliminate them when they are in mud bowl conditions. I remember Coach Grider eliminating them in 2008 vs Boyd in that swamp bowl over there. We only scored twice that night. If we had been able to run those sweeps without slipping when trying to make a cut we would have won that game.

Pitchburg should win this game. Sequatchie is to slow. Vic has made you a little better but you not on par with us yet. You will find out in three weeks.  And that middle school game last night. We have one of the best teams we have had in middle school. We know Pitchburg Academicians were just scared. We have a tailback thats bigger than our high school tailbacks. Our little league has all kinds of athletes too. We will clean sweep you again this year from high school all the way down to pee wees.

Pitchburg should win this game. Sequatchie is to slow. Vic has made you a little better but you not on par with us yet. You will find out in three weeks. And that middle school game last night. We have one of the best teams we have had in middle school. We know Pitchburg Academicians were just scared. We have a tailback thats bigger than our high school tailbacks. Our little league has all kinds of athletes too. We will clean sweep you again this year from high school all the way down to pee wees.

LSD

Fly sweeps usually can't be ran in swampy conditions is what I'm saying. Most coaches probably just eliminate them when they are in mud bowl conditions. I remember Coach Grider eliminating them in 2008 vs Boyd in that swamp bowl over there. We only scored twice that night. If we had been able to run those sweeps without slipping when trying to make a cut we would have won that game.

Anything is possible, but this is not necessarily true.  The field conditions that would have allowed us to sweep would also have allowed Boyd defenders to adjust and possibly make the tackle.

Anything is possible, but this is not necessarily true. The field conditions that would have allowed us to sweep would also have allowed Boyd defenders to adjust and possibly make the tackle.

LMBO, ok Mr 60. If a team has more speed and likes to run a lot of speed plays that run east and west they can't do that in muddy conditions. Therefore it takes that advantage away from that team. If you are a speed team that runs mostly north and south out of and I formation then it doesn't effect you as much.

Listen up men! There isn't going to be any throwing the ball around in this mess that is heading right toward SC. The spider2ybanana out the back side has been thrown from the playbook. I have a bad feeling about his one with all the rain coming in. I will throw this out there but looks as if this game will be a 1 or 2 score game either way. You may think however you like but if we are going lineup in the mud we better be able to mash that ball and by the looks of it we can't. Maybe I'm wrong but SP isn't winning this one without throwing the ball on the out side. I'm saying Sitting Bull's Indians 21 - Captain Jack's Pirates 14.

Edited by Spider2YBanana

If anyone thinks these conditions favor the Pirates they have lost their minds. I believe Indian has been doing his rain dance this week. LMBO

It seems like it used to always rain whenever we would play in Dunlap, especially at the old stadium.  It was so bad that I used to think Sequatchie was the Cherokee word for rain.

It seems like it used to always rain whenever we would play in Dunlap, especially at the old stadium. It was so bad that I used to think Sequatchie was the Cherokee word for rain.

You are correct. I remember playing their in about 1986. We left with our tails tucked. My teammates and I layed it all on the line that night but it wasn't enough