Knox Catholic at Morristown West

How does that make him ineligible at the high school level? Just curious as to how that works. IS middle school under the TSSAA now?

Just supposition because I don't know all of the details at this point, but if he participated as an 8th grader last year in high school varsity sports at his old school (which schools where the middle school and high school are on the same campus can do) then he had established an athletic record and wouldn't eligible at his new school for 12 months after his last participation at his old school unless, in this case it was a 30 mile or more residency move since we would be talking about 2 private schools.   

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just supposition because I don't know all of the details at this point, but if he participated as an 8th grader last year in high school varsity sports at his old school (which schools where the middle school and high school are on the same campus can do) then he had established an athletic record and wouldn't eligible at his new school for 12 months after his last participation at his old school unless, in this case it was a 30 mile or more residency move since we would be talking about 2 private schools.

Could be that. Could also be if the second middle school team was sanctioned by TMSAA then that would make him ineligible from Varsity participation as a freshman. If his middle school team wasn't sanctioned, which most aren't in Knox, then it shouldn't be a violation.

I understand that his grades are in question.He failed @ Grace and Catholic.Fulton also are the ones that turned him in.I guess they are still hurting over the death of Zaevion William Dobson who was a hero but was also a known gang member and had gang ties

First of all classless post.

Secondly why would Fulton turn them in. Fulton is not sanctioned in any sport by TMSAA, and Grace unsanctioned 2 years ago.

Could be that. Could also be if the second middle school team was sanctioned by TMSAA then that would make him ineligible from Varsity participation as a freshman. If his middle school team wasn't sanctioned, which most aren't in Knox, then it shouldn't be a violation.

The school he was at last year was a private school with a sanctioned middle school athletic program. 

Makes sense.

I understand that his grades are in question.He failed @ Grace and Catholic.Fulton also are the ones that turned him in.I guess they are still hurting over the death of Zaevion William Dobson who was a hero but was also a known gang member and had gang ties

Really? So we are taking it to this level now? That young man had more ball$ than a keyboard cowboy such as yourself could ever dream of having. So what if what you say is true, that would have zero to do with the situation we are discussing. Kick rocks dude. Edited by leadfarmer

You're a coward who hides behind a screen all day! Coach T should kick you off for that comment!