Happy valley at cloudland

THE KING

Expert cannot argue either.  All region 2 was challenged last season.  My last recollection was Hampton took Grace and Sweetwater behind the barn and busted their hides.  Happy Valley competed with the almighty Tigers and should have won.  I can agree that east Tennessee as a whole don't have a full slate of good football teams, but you have to exclude Hampton and cloudland.  During the 1990's, we played in the same region as coalfield, Oneida, sunbright, knox catholic and most years we were just as good.  Coach Lunsford is as good a coach as you can get in this state.  I think if the kids ever decide to sell out and work as hard as they can and be committed in the offseason, we can win state championships up here. 

We're not talking about the 1990's. Cloudland is an afterthought to most football fans that know anything about high school football. Hampton has had some good teams, but not any powerhouse teams that had a shot at a state title.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking about the 1990's. Cloudland is an afterthought to most football fans that know anything about high school football. Hampton has had some good teams, but not any powerhouse teams that had a shot at a state title.

And just who in the east has a real shot this year in either 1a or 2a. You love to single out some schools. I don't think any have a very good chance.

And just who in the east has a real shot this year in either 1a or 2a. You love to single out some schools. I don't think any have a very good chance.

Greenback in 1A. Mark it down, nobody stays within three touchdowns of this team during the regular season. I could see where supporting a program like Hampton, some good teams with overrated records, but never sniffing a state title, would maybe make you doubt that a small school somewhere else (Greenback in this case) could challenge for a state title.

Greenback in 1A. Mark it down, nobody stays within three touchdowns of this team during the regular season. I could see where supporting a program like Hampton, some good teams with overrated records, but never sniffing a state title, would maybe make you doubt that a small school somewhere else (Greenback in this case) could challenge for a state title.

Why are these folks making us out to be world beaters??We have a lot to work on just to be competitive in our region much less the state!

NO BODY, stays within 3 TDs of them? I'm not gonna argue that they could prolly manhandle us but I just don't see them beating every team Reg season by even 18! Maybe I'm way off but that's just my opinion.

Its not a given that they even make the state. I'm also betting that someone plays them much closer than the Exspurt say.

We have three transfers and one didn't play Friday and the other two didn't play a whole lot and still beat a Loudon team 32-0 with two TD called back. We're glad to have the new kids that came to GHS but we're still pretty good without them to and it does make a difference with them I'm not saying it doesn't. And just like o&b said we've got a lot of work to do to even come through our region let alone state.

We have three transfers and one didn't play Friday and the other two didn't play a whole lot and still beat a Loudon team 32-0 with two TD called back. We're glad to have the new kids that came to GHS but we're still pretty good without them to and it does make a difference with them I'm not saying it doesn't. And just like o&b said we've got a lot of work to do to even come through our region let alone state.

Sorry Gbnation, I got provoked.  I'm sure you would be a good team without um. I also thought you got 2 new lineman this year. One from Maryville and the other from Texas.