Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, hardtackle said:

East Nashville,Stratford, Antioch, Glencliff, Overton,Hillwood,McGavock,Hunters Lane.

Just for conversation, hypothetically, which of these are good football jobs? Where can you get administrative and community support, a good staff or the opportunity to hire one, and have a fair chance to succeed? 

24 minutes ago, bleacher said:

Just for conversation, hypothetically, which of these are good football jobs? Where can you get administrative and community support, a good staff or the opportunity to hire one, and have a fair chance to succeed? 

Overton and McGavock appear to be the best. I still think Antioch could be. Nowhere to go but up. Will take time, but new coach and staff could be a good start if admin, who I know nothing about,  gets behind and let them do their job

Edited by hardtackle

Antioch has new admin and I've heard its good. Not sure if it really is or if anything new was a good thing.

Williams at Overton is a great person and coach. Wish he would stay but I don't think he will.

Hillwood Page I could see leaving for admin.

Fitz I could see leaving for the right private school job.

Gore is very much supported but a lot of issues.

EN has new admin and rumors are out there.

Stratford could open but not sure they would get any better than what is already there.

And if or when these open the carousel would spin.

EN is an interim and I doubt he stays. Since his cover 2 left he might want to watch his 6. A whole lot of assistants come and go there. Is he hard to work for?

Antioch had a  good one in McClaren (sp?) but ran her off.

Hate to see Steve leave Johnny O. Few better persons around. But I would not blame him. The tea sippers are no longer there.

I don' see t any name private school  going for Fitz IMO

Stratford Admin wants someone he can control. The sole reason why it has rolled over so much lately.

Page has done an admirable job with what he has had. Topper land is not exactly chock full of athletes.

McGavock has always been a tough place to coach. In spite of its sheer size.  The reasons are not PC so nobody wants to address them.

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I put my money on Maplewood! I believe he moves to another school.

I have heard east coach to antioch. page to admin, broome to east, gore out and looking elsewhere, williams lose  his job at overton because of fight. glencliff throwing in towel,

Edited by hardtackle
  • Upvote 1

I think this is a good night for a metro sweep (PC v SHS loser exception).

PC over Stratford, East over Fairview, Maplewood over Nolensville, Hillsboro over Shelbyville, and Cane Ridge over Ravenwood. Some tough games probably, but that's how a playoff game should be. With the weather changing, it will be much colder on the losing side, so stay warm metro.

• Like 1