Metro Rankings

bleacher

9 hours ago, eers said:

Very true story. That’s why you see very few metro kids play at top tier college programs. 

However... you give those kids a structure they’ve never had and they buy in, you may be able to conquer the world. I know a lot of you will defend Fitzgerald (and I like the guy), but where that program is right now (and every other metro program except Cane Ridge), shows a lack of leadership. Coaches dancing in the press box and in the sideline shows a lack of professionalism. You want metro to be different? Hire people who will make it different and stand behind them until people buy in. Hillsboro has as much or more talent as anyone in the state in 5A. Set a higher standard if you want higher results. 

Cane Ridge?? Leadership? Professionalism? That is why CR head coach suspended 2 weeks this past season.

12 hours ago, bleacher said:

All of this talk transpires from Hillsboro's inability to kick an extra point. They made one of three PATs. Had all 3 been made they win the game and move on. Even with the influx of immigrants who are soccer players, most metro teams remain  at a disadvantage in the kick game. I suggest spending some time this spring at soccer and try recruiting in your own building.

Kicker at Hillsboro slipped on wet field. Beech kicker did also. Not a real smart comment.

16 hours ago, eers said:

Very true story. That’s why you see very few metro kids play at top tier college programs. 

However... you give those kids a structure they’ve never had and they buy in, you may be able to conquer the world. I know a lot of you will defend Fitzgerald (and I like the guy), but where that program is right now (and every other metro program except Cane Ridge), shows a lack of leadership. Coaches dancing in the press box and in the sideline shows a lack of professionalism. You want metro to be different? Hire people who will make it different and stand behind them until people buy in. Hillsboro has as much or more talent as anyone in the state in 5A. Set a higher standard if you want higher results. 

Pearl Cohn don't have that problem either, CR not only metro program!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

3 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Are you really so naive to think that pearl-cohn would have not done the same thing the Overton kids did if Antioch had done that to you all. I think most any school public or private would have done what Overton kids did 

3 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I promise you Pearl Cohn would have done the exact same thing the Overton kids did when Antioch started the fight as they were shaking hands after the game I think any school would have public or private would have done the exact same thing and that is defend themselves kids are all the same coaches could not have stopped what happened at the Antioch Overton game or what even happened with hillsboro 

1 hour ago, hardtackle said:

I promise you Pearl Cohn would have done the exact same thing the Overton kids did when Antioch started the fight as they were shaking hands after the game I think any school would have public or private would have done the exact same thing and that is defend themselves kids are all the same coaches could not have stopped what happened at the Antioch Overton game or what even happened with hillsboro 

Our coaches have completely control over kids and our program. So no that would not had happened.

Edited by FIREBIRD80