Metro Rankings

bleacher

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

FB247 I am not connected in any way to PC, so to get the real reason why you would have to ask fbfan or firebird. But I always thought PC was pretty smart for playing up to 4A but not going to 6A. My reasoning is money. Look at the teams in 3A compared to who PC has in 4A. Which would provide for better gates? Do the same for 6A. When PC was in 3A, for the most part you could get good gates out of CPA, DL, and even EN. 

As to the rankings, right now I would have PC first then Antioch. I think it was NCS that said Antioch was going to shock some people. Whoever it was has been correct. 

Money could be a reason. I think it was to win a state championship and avoid Alcoa. I just was wondering how the best programs would do if they played at the highest level . I know a school can move up as many classes they want. 

5 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

If PC was in with the Antioch region, they would do just fine. This year they would be region Champs and then who knows how far they would get. If they were with the Overton region, it would be tougher but still a playoff team. JMO

How far would they get in playoffs?  Being good in metro is not a big accomplishment.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Pearl is in 4A and East is in 3A bottom line! All this what if are pointless! Both trying to get back to Chattanooga.

I am curious as to how they would do playing Big boy football. Just a question, So you agree they could not make it if they played big boy ball. Probably get to 2nd round.

Edited by fb247

13 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am curious as to how they would do playing Big boy football. Just a question, So you agree they could not make it if they played big boy ball. Probably get to 2nd round.

All EN non region opponents in 2022 were 5A, 6A, or private and went 5-1 against them.

FR- 35-20

stewarts creek - 42-7

hillsboro- 14-0

indy- 32-7

Green hill- 53-7

riverdale- 12-30

Edited by 0000

1 minute ago, 0000 said:

All EN non region opponents in 2022 were 5A, 6A, or private and beat all 5 teams

And they lost this past week to a small private school. It was just a question I was interested in. So you think they could get back to Chatt if they played at the highest level. I for one do not.

25 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I’m guessing you are just clowning with these posts, but if you don’t think the CPA / PC game was “big boy football”, I’m not sure you are talking about high school football…

9 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I’m guessing you are just clowning with these posts, but if you don’t think the CPA / PC game was “big boy football”, I’m not sure you are talking about high school football…

That was. I am just curious as to how they would do playing at the highest level week in and out and in playoffs ,not just a few games . Will never know because it will never happen. I understand them not because the state championship will not be a possibility like it is now. I have not seen anybody respond to the question ,, " How would they do playing at the highest level" It is just a hypothetical question. A simple yes or no will do. I say no. What is your answer?

Edited by fb247