Metro Rankings

bleacher

Appears this might be the year for Metro to get a Gold Ball! 2008 Hillsboro was the last. It's been too long. What team will be PC's biggest challenge?

I think the Burros can make a little noise if they play their A game. Stratford could get to round 2. Antioch has an opportunity to win a playoff game which hasn't happened in a little while. East Nashville has home field throughout, so they have a great opportunity for a deep run. Hope these metro squads have a Thanksgiving practice! 

40 minutes ago, 18NCS said:

Appears this might be the year for Metro to get a Gold Ball! 2008 Hillsboro was the last. It's been too long. What team will be PC's biggest challenge?

IMO, Pearl-Cohn's biggest challenges will be Station Camp in the 2nd Round and Marshall County in the 3rd Round.  I say that because both teams have already seen PC this season and sometimes it's a huge mental advantage when you've seen someone previously and aren't just in awe of them the second time around. 

Coach Tony Brunetti's (165-64 Overall Record As Head Coach) team has a great opportunity to become the first team in school history to go 15-0.  The 2019 team went 14-1 before falling to Alcoa in the championship game.  The 1997 team also went 14-1 with the lone blemish on their mark being a season opening one point defeat against MBA.  

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the metro followers: 

What is the reasoning behind Lawson HS choosing to move up from 4A to 5A to play football?  I assume they could have played 2 years at 4A and then when their enrollment went up, they could be more competitive in the 5A classification. Doesn't seem like they have the kid's best interest when making this decision. Perhaps I am missing something. 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, 18NCS said:

Question for the metro followers: 

What is the reasoning behind Lawson HS choosing to move up from 4A to 5A to play football?  I assume they could have played 2 years at 4A and then when their enrollment went up, they could be more competitive in the 5A classification. Doesn't seem like they have the kid's best interest when making this decision. Perhaps I am missing something. 

So I asked this question years ago why PC and Hillwood don’t play and was told it’s the powers to be and old money. I’ve also heard some old heads talk about it but it’s an underline reason why PC & Hillwood/Lawson hasn’t played games Or jamborees against each other over the years. Even when they was in the region with pc they didn’t want to play. I wasn’t shocked when they chose to play up but they would have still probably been home against Station Camp. I agree with you it wasn’t the best decision but hey they’re building. They won the city championship for the first time ever.

Bone to pick:  So I heard a media member sent out an email out about playing rap music at football games. From my understanding it was a problem with him listening to the radio version of rap songs because the radio blanked words out and said the kids shouldn’t be listening to it in the first place….This is ridiculous….Im sorry majority of the metro kids don’t warm up to Katy Perry Dixie Chicks or Def Leppard. We listen to what we listen to. 

Edited by FBfan26

43 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Bone to pick:  So I heard a media member sent out an email out about playing rap music at football games. From my understanding it was a problem with him listening to the radio version of rap songs because the radio blanked words out and said the kids shouldn’t be listening to it in the first place….This is ridiculous….Im sorry majority of the metro kids don’t warm up to Katy Perry Dixie Chicks or Def Leppard. We listen to what we listen to. 

I'm calling Coach Brunetti tonight and requesting David Allen Coe's greatest hits next Friday at 6:10 for about 50 minutes prior to kickoff.