Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Most would say that. However, that does not answer my initial question.

Yes I think he would be a good head coach. He has same qualities that Coach Arnold has. They are both proud alum of Antioch and care about Antioch and the Antioch football team.

Edited by fb247

Good evening to you all! My name is Kenny Adams proud AHS graduate C/O '05! At Antioch I was a 3 year starter at Quarterback, also played basketball and ran track. I was voted Mr. Antioch, Class President, Coming Home King, Prom King, and a peer mediator. I am currently the Quarterback Coach for Antioch High School football . I also have two sons that attend Antioch who play football, basketball , and ran track. Being that I have met a few people from this association I just wanted to reach out and introduce myself to those whom I don't know and to those that don't know me. Thank you all for what you do for the AHS namesake, I see your passion runs deep for blue and white as does mine and I am here to assure you that this new generation has that same fire in them for Antioch. AHS ALL HAIL!!

1 hour ago, fb247 said:
Good evening to you all! My name is Kenny Adams proud AHS graduate C/O '05! At Antioch I was a 3 year starter at Quarterback, also played basketball and ran track. I was voted Mr. Antioch, Class President, Coming Home King, Prom King, and a peer mediator. I am currently the Quarterback Coach for Antioch High School football . I also have two sons that attend Antioch who play football, basketball , and ran track. Being that I have met a few people from this association I just wanted to reach out and introduce myself to those whom I don't know and to those that don't know me. Thank you all for what you do for the AHS namesake, I see your passion runs deep for blue and white as does mine and I am here to assure you that this new generation has that same fire in them for Antioch. AHS ALL HAIL!!

I assume you are taking this post from somewhere else. I know it is not you.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I assume you are taking this post from somewhere else. I know it is not you.

He posted this on another site. I just posted it as a resume for him and his love for Antioch and quality man he is. This is why I think he would be a good choice. 

6 hours ago, 18NCS said:

Antioch should hire Adams imo. Worked out pretty well for Stratford last year.... (Father HC - Son QB) 

Antioch should hire the best coach for the job, regardless of if he has a son or not. Kid is only there so long and he doesn't have a lot of help. Much like Stratford. Need a coach willing to stick around and BUILD a program from basically scratch.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Antioch should hire the best coach for the job, regardless of if he has a son or not. Kid is only there so long and he doesn't have a lot of help. Much like Stratford. Need a coach willing to stick around and BUILD a program from basically scratch.

Who are some coaches you think would be a good fit?

47 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Who are some coaches you think would be a good fit?

That is the problem. There are several good football coaches available, but few want to deal with the metro school day. ie (crap facilities, crap teaching schedule, no funds,) etc. Many of these "coaches" now do not have a teaching certificate which makes it really difficult in Metro.

There are all kinds of folks out there that THINK they could fix it, but the reality is much smaller. 

You have to sell your school and your program. Open zoning destroyed parity. Basically just a couple of all-star teams now with everybody else playing with scraps. Wasn't the QB in Overton's feeder middle school?

You have to be able to change the narrative at Antioch. Arnold had a great young QB that helped them compete early.  However, the new coach will have to keep getting those kids that have been crossing Murfreesboro Road to play for Woods. Jimmys and Joes make the difference. I don't think it is a coincidence that this year when Antioch made a resurgence, Cane RIdge had their worst team in years.

15 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

That is the problem. There are several good football coaches available, but few want to deal with the metro school day. ie (crap facilities, crap teaching schedule, no funds,) etc. Many of these "coaches" now do not have a teaching certificate which makes it really difficult in Metro.

There are all kinds of folks out there that THINK they could fix it, but the reality is much smaller. 

You have to sell your school and your program. Open zoning destroyed parity. Basically just a couple of all-star teams now with everybody else playing with scraps. Wasn't the QB in Overton's feeder middle school?

You have to be able to change the narrative at Antioch. Arnold had a great young QB that helped them compete early.  However, the new coach will have to keep getting those kids that have been crossing Murfreesboro Road to play for Woods. Jimmys and Joes make the difference. I don't think it is a coincidence that this year when Antioch made a resurgence, Cane RIdge had their worst team in years.

As a current Metro teacher and coach, this is spot on.