Metro Rankings

bleacher

Just now, EastNasty said:

What's your team bread? I'm new and learning.

CPA

For years we heard how we “recruit” but could produce facts like 17 of 22 starters were enrolled at CPA in K5. 

It doesn’t matter to me, like I said, I’m good with what’s best for the kids. Make a team however you want whether it be via transfers or developing what you have and I’ll still enjoy the game. 

It’s just funny to see a new transfer (not just Hillsboro) show up and be the best player on the team every year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

CPA

For years we heard how we “recruit” but could produce facts like 17 of 22 starters were enrolled at CPA in K5. 

It doesn’t matter to me, like I said, I’m good with what’s best for the kids. Make a team however you want whether it be via transfers or developing what you have and I’ll still enjoy the game. 

It’s just funny to see a new transfer (not just Hillsboro) show up and be the best player on the team every year. 

Just not funny to the coach who lost that player because of questionable influence.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:18 PM, BreadTruck44 said:

Principal seems a bit wack. My adult baseball league used their field as one we played on. For years... This year after a few game the principal tripled the price. The league said goodbye and rescheduled those games at other HS fields. So Hunters Lane’s field sat unused all summer and they lost out on additional funds they could use... 

She had to triple the price because she isn't making any profit from her sports teams. She thinks that HL is Harvard or something. High School is about Education and ATHLETICS. There has to be a healthy balance of both. But the "new age" principals don't understand that because everyone is trying to "sell" academics, academics, academics....Where does a school get its moral? Sport teams!!! When is the last time you heard UT Alumni talk about that education they received? I'll Wait! It is understood that you get out of education what you put into it. I hear UT Alums discuss their athletics all the time. It is just the God to honest truth.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, midtnmale said:

The principal likely believes in creativity, cooperation and collaboration, all parts of sports. But ultimately sees sports as being a confrontational and combative, where there are winners and losers. 

And life is about winners and losers. You either learn to win or lose. Losing does not make you a loser it is how you respond to that lose. Those kids aren't even being giving the chance to have success. So ultimately she is teaching them how to be comfortable with losing which turns a individual into a loser. Where is the honor in that!?!?!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EastNasty said:

So why would you put PC in front of east? Whats your logic?

PC has played a much tougher schedule. Even their losses were hard fought and close, and to excellent opponents. Pearl advances deep into the playoffs every year.

East is as talented as ever. They usually waste that talent and self destruct. They have no playoff success, EVER.  The best predictor of the future is the past.

That's my logic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleacher said:

PC has played a much tougher schedule. Even their losses were hard fought and close, and to excellent opponents. Pearl advances deep into the playoffs every year.

East is as talented as ever. They usually waste that talent and self destruct. They have no playoff success, EVER.  The best predictor of the future is the past.

That's my logic.

I cant argue with you on that. This friday will tell the whole story. 

25 minutes ago, Laneman36 said:

She had to triple the price because she isn't making any profit from her sports teams. She thinks that HL is Harvard or something. High School is about Education and ATHLETICS. There has to be a healthy balance of both. But the "new age" principals don't understand that because everyone is trying to "sell" academics, academics, academics....

HL success in academics is parallel to their athletic success. There is no pride at a once very proud school and community. Any parent with the chance sends their kids elsewhere. This will not change without new leadership.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleacher said:

HL success in academics is parallel to their athletic success. There is no pride at a once very proud school and community. Any parent with the chance sends their kids elsewhere. This will not change without new leadership.

I went to college with quite a few individuals who graduated from HL, so I am aware that they used to be a very proud community. I currently work with a few individuals who spoke to that even living in Memphis and having been college teammates with HL Alum. It is sad that it will probably never recover, because there is a point of no return. They are getting close to that and Nashville Metro is fine with that because it is a multi-school district. When you look at the success of CR, PC, EN, and Hillsboro over the recent years they could careless about how far HL has fallen. But image the rollerskates that the principal there would have been on if Metro was a 2 or 3 school district. She would have been gone about 5 years ago.