Anyone ever heard of this rule?

Blaze45

I went to my sons middle school game this evening and was dumb founded(unbelievable huh?) The game ended up tied up and in overtime. The opposing team stopped the run and took over on downs. They ran three plays and then trotted out the kicker . The ref then told the team that they were not allowed to rush the kicker or attempt the block or there would be a penalty and a re-try.because the kicker is a  girl. so she basically gets a free shot at a field goal off the tee at 10 yards.  You ever hear that you can't rush the kicker or block the kick in middle school?

Edited by Blaze45

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my sons middle school game this evening and was dumb founded(unbelievable huh?) The game ended up tied up and in overtime. The opposing team stopped the run and took over on downs. They ran three plays and then trotted out the kicker . The ref then told the team that they were not allowed to rush the kicker or attempt the block or there would be a penalty and a re-try.because the kicker is a girl. so she basically gets a free shot at a field goal off the tee at 10 yards. You ever hear that you can't rush the kicker or block the kick in middle school?

Never

I went to my sons middle school game this evening and was dumb founded(unbelievable huh?) The game ended up tied up and in overtime. The opposing team stopped the run and took over on downs. They ran three plays and then trotted out the kicker . The ref then told the team that they were not allowed to rush the kicker or attempt the block or there would be a penalty and a re-try.because the kicker is a girl. so she basically gets a free shot at a field goal off the tee at 10 yards. You ever hear that you can't rush the kicker or block the kick in middle school?

Our Blount County Jamboree has that rule. The coaches agreed on this some time ago. The jamboree doesn't count. It's basically a glorified fashion show for teams to show off new unis.

oh well, I thought maybe there was some rule that you couldn't rush the kicker in overtime or some silly something I had never heard. As far as I know you can't tell a team they have to take a play off ... pretty stupid... Should have never let it come down to a play anyway, but was dumbfounded when the team just lined up and let them snap set and kick and no one came off the corner. Heck I had time to go get  popcorn during that play alone... 

Our Blount County Jamboree has that rule. The coaches agreed on this some time ago. The jamboree doesn't count. It's basically a glorified fashion show for teams to show off new unis.

I get it if it is a Jamboree, but this is district play... no warm up.... This game counts and the two of eight teams plays for county Championship.