Farragut at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

I noticed there wasn't a lot of lineman cramping. Most guys that cramped were the athletic looking kids. Tee, Graham, and #24 couldn't have much body fat. The rest of the guys seemed to play both ways at skill positions where they played against a running QB and had to guard WR. DB guys went one way except a few plays here and there.

I saw the game last year... OR got a lead, I think 14-0, then went into a shell, and Farragut's defense shut OR down, especially Tee, and their offense started running all over OR, especially sideline passes from a nifty QB to a big TE.  

OR is more explosive this year with Graham, the POG for OR last two games.  I would expect more of the same this week, unless Farragut still has a dominating D-line that can stop Graham before he gets in the open field.  

Farragut's trouble with Gibbs last week says they're not quite as good as last year, and OR is a little better, so I will pick OR to win in OT.

BTW-- these cramping issues need to be addressed by electrolytes, not just water-- Gatorade, G2, or whatever.

Edited by calvol

I saw the game last year... OR got a lead, I think 14-0, then went into a shell, and Farragut's defense shut OR down, especially Tee, and their offense started running all over OR, especially sideline passes from a nifty QB to a big TE.

OR is more explosive this year with Graham, the POG for OR last two games. I would expect more of the same this week, unless Farragut still has a dominating D-line that can stop Graham before he gets in the open field.

Farragut's trouble with Greenville last week says they're not quite as good as last year, and OR is a little better, so I will pick OR to win in OT.

BTW-- these cramping issues need to be addressed by electrolytes, not just water-- Gatorade, G2, or whatever.

Gibbs not Greeneville. Struggling against Gibbs is a totally different story.

The way to get the defense rest is to force a punt.  Make some third down stops and get yourself off the field.  No excuses.  Get the other team stopped.  Third down for what?

As much as I've loved our defense in recent years, I agree with your point. We need to force a punt every now and then. We let them keep the ball forever, amass many yards, and then stop them or force a turnover. We can't count on six or seven turnovers....we need to stop them, in fact three and out would be nice.