Milan @ Liberty week 3

Don't know what to make of Liberty's loss to North Side last night. I can understand playing poorly but I would never have expected being shut out. Not in a million years.

Milan on the other hand has looked great 2 weeks in a row all be it against cupcake competition. Until Milan proves otherwise I say Liberty is the favorite. Thoughts??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you think Liberty's loss to North Side is a bad loss, might want to think again. Yes, we can agree on that Liberty "underperformed" last night and made mistakes, which results in a loss. North Side is still a good football team that had tremendous amounts of success under Coach Vowell's tenure. And I don't think the Indians are going anywhere, anytime soon. The fact is, Coach Turner said it well in the Jackson Sun. About 25 bad snaps which killed them in drives and multiple turnovers in the second half cost them. That's it! Just minor adjustments. The played on the same field last night. And if they played at Liberty last night, that field would be in bad shape as well (as in conditions). However, I feel like special teams will cost Liberty another game, and I'm afraid that game will be in November.

If North Side goes 8-2/9-1 this won't be a "bad loss" for the Crusaders. But everybody was surprised at the score because Liberty has 5 D-1 prospects compare to North Side's 1.

Before you think Liberty's loss to North Side is a bad loss, might want to think again. Yes, we can agree on that Liberty "underperformed" last night and made mistakes, which results in a loss. North Side is still a good football team that had tremendous amounts of success under Coach Vowell's tenure. And I don't think the Indians are going anywhere, anytime soon. The fact is, Coach Turner said it well in the Jackson Sun. About 25 bad snaps which killed them in drives and multiple turnovers in the second half cost them. That's it! Just minor adjustments. The played on the same field last night. And if they played at Liberty last night, that field would be in bad shape as well (as in conditions). However, I feel like special teams will cost Liberty another game, and I'm afraid that game will be in November.

If North Side goes 8-2/9-1 this won't be a "bad loss" for the Crusaders. But everybody was surprised at the score because Liberty has 5 D-1 prospects compare to North Side's 1.

I agree with everything you just said. However if Turner said 25 bad snaps cost them and it was just minor adjustments needed I don't buy it.

I have heard a coach say 2-3 plays cost them the game but 25 plays indicates more than a minor problem.

I agree with everything you just said. However if Turner said 25 bad snaps cost them and it was just minor adjustments needed I don't buy it.

I have heard a coach say 2-3 plays cost them the game but 25 plays indicates more than a minor problem.

I think he kind of exaggerated on the "25 bad snaps" more like 5-10 bad snaps.