Ravenwood vs Mt Juliet

BKisler

I have no doubt. I saw it first hand and also heard him talk about how he would never leave Hendersonville. I know it would be hard to leave any program but to lie about it to your players especially when you are driving around a brand new Green dodge truck that was given to him and he still said he wasnt going anywhere. I guess that is when I started having trust issues. I will have to say beating him twice in the same year was a highlight of my time at Hendersonville.

I respect Gallatin as a program, don't get me wrong. I still can't watch Green bay without feeling that slight turn of my stomach though.

You are right did pave the way for coach Hatfield to take us to the next level as a program. I still am glad he was my coach over coach Lassiter. The last couple years.

He had been the heir apparent for years for Gallatin. The paper covered his every move from Kansas City onward. Hatfield has said before that Robert set things in motion. Hatfield just took it to the next level. He has set the mark very high for the next Hville coach whenever that will be.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, they're both good coaches. If you're thinking about it this way though, when he was still coaching there making promises, he may had still been in between about whether or not he wanted to make the move to GHS. My point is, why tell the team "yeah, I think I'm going to leave you guys and go to Gallatin" Do you think they would had still played hard and tried to win? Probably would've turned on their coach. I think he said the right thing by making the players play hard, and try to win a title. He knew when he made the move, people weren't going to like it. But, it is what it is. He had lots of pride coaching Hville NO DOUBT. But, Robert Lassiter was a Green Wave at heart, and playing for the Wave led him to go on and play for Tennessee. A tough decision, and he would've had people in Gallatin calling him a traitor for not taking the job, and ultimately people of Hville still hate the guy. He was a wonderful coach for me, and he taught me lots of life lessons other than football. Made men out of us. Also, beat Hville while I played 😎

I have no doubt. I saw it first hand and also heard him talk about how he would never leave Hendersonville. I know it would be hard to leave any program but to lie about it to your players especially when you are driving around a brand new Green dodge truck that was given to him and he still said he wasnt going anywhere. I guess that is when I started having trust issues. I will have to say beating him twice in the same year was a highlight of my time at Hendersonville.

I respect Gallatin as a program, don't get me wrong. I still can't watch Green bay without feeling that slight turn of my stomach though.

You are right did pave the way for coach Hatfield to take us to the next level as a program. I still am glad he was my coach over coach Lassiter. The last couple years.

Awe someone with a soft spot for the Wave. That's cute, I shed a tear.

That's fine, they're both good coaches. If you're thinking about it this way though, when he was still coaching there making promises, he may had still been in between about whether or not he wanted to make the move to GHS. My point is, why tell the team "yeah, I think I'm going to leave you guys and go to Gallatin" Do you think they would had still played hard and tried to win? Probably would've turned on their coach. I think he said the right thing by making the players play hard, and try to win a title. He knew when he made the move, people weren't going to like it. But, it is what it is. He had lots of pride coaching Hville NO DOUBT. But, Robert Lassiter was a Green Wave at heart, and playing for the Wave led him to go on and play for Tennessee. A tough decision, and he would've had people in Gallatin calling him a traitor for not taking the job, and ultimately people of Hville still hate the guy. He was a wonderful coach for me, and he taught me lots of life lessons other than football. Made men out of us. Also, beat Hville while I played 😎

Yeah but I bet it wasn't twice in the same season😉

Edited by hhs00

He had been the heir apparent for years for Gallatin. The paper covered his every move from Kansas City onward. Hatfield has said before that Robert set things in motion. Hatfield just took it to the next level. He has set the mark very high for the next Hville coach whenever that will be.

This Commando fan holds Robert Lassiter in very high regard. I knew when we came to HHS that if Gallatin called he would go and I would never hold it against a coach to return to their alma mater. He did a lot of positive things at HHS and got it rolling before he left. I can guarantee you Coach Hatfield holds Coach Lassiter in high esteem. Every time we played the Wave I made it a point to shake his hand and say thanks for his years with the Commandos. I know he is always invited to the spring game and has been an honorary coach several times. Robert Lassiter is a good man and a good football coach.

For all you Hendersonville fans discussing Lassiter with mixed emotions, just know that as a Ravenwood Raptor right now, I know exactly how you feel. Someone mentioned that their highlight at HHS was beating Lassiter twice in one year. The Ravenwood Freshman look good and will have the opertunity to do something similar in the next few years as they rise in the class ranks.

For all you Hendersonville fans discussing Lassiter with mixed emotions, just know that as a Ravenwood Raptor right now, I know exactly how you feel. Someone mentioned that their highlight at HHS was beating Lassiter twice in one year. The Ravenwood Freshman look good and will have the opertunity to do something similar in the next few years as they rise in the class ranks.

Things will get better. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think things would go well for you all this year but it looks like things are getting there. It just takes time. He did build a great program there and it will just takes time to get back.