Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

Good question. Yes, 90% of her goals are in the first half, she doesn't play too often in the 2nd half because if she did she would have already crushed the state scoring title. We have played 16 games. The Lady Rams have scored 163 goals thus far, the star player has scored 61 of those predominantly in the first half. The rest of the team has scored 102 goals which equals 6.4 goals per game. The star player has 61 goals which averages 3.8 per game. As I've said in previous posts.....the district is extremely weak, other than Rockwood. You say that each year there are multiple teams that have "that player" that could go 4-6 goals per game but choose not to allow them to do so and most usually shut it down to 2-3 goals per game.......well, our star is right in the middle with 3.8 goals per game. I honestly and truthfully do not see a problem with a star player that averages 3.8 per game. Yes, her coach asked if her if she would like to entertain the fact that she could possible break the state record....she said yes and so she has been given that opportunity which I feel is a great opportunity. I know Laura personally (the current state record holder), she told my wife just one week ago that records are made to be broken and she wishes our player the best and hope she is able to do it. So, maybe the answer is the scoring title.

Scoring 6 in a game multiple times is poor coaching IMO. Had this conversation with our HC tonight and he laughed because he won't beat a team double digits and his 100 goal scorer could break the record if he let her.

As a parent and coach I am thankful he's teaching our kids what is important.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring 6 in a game multiple times is poor coaching IMO. Had this conversation with our HC tonight and he laughed because he won't beat a team double digits and his 100 goal scorer could break the record if he let her.

As a parent and coach I am thankful he's teaching our kids what is important.

Im Through with talking to you as you obviously have no clue and don't know anything about our situation nor do u have the facts or stats. Congrats to you and your coach. You said six goals in multiple games, she scored six goals one time this year and it was our last regular-season game. She has a great opportunity to reach a milestone and possibly break a state record and if it takes 3.8 goals per game to do it, then she will do it. If your coach thinks 3.8 goals per game is too much, well, I guess he's entitled to his own opinion and coaching style but shame on him for not letting his 100 goal scorer to have that opportunity. Have a good day.

Im Through with talking to you as you obviously have no clue and don't know anything about our situation nor do u have the facts or stats. Congrats to you and your coach. You said six goals in multiple games, she scored six goals one time this year and it was our last regular-season game. She has a great opportunity to reach a milestone and possibly break a state record and if it takes 3.8 goals per game to do it, then she will do it. If your coach thinks 3.8 goals per game is too much, well, I guess he's entitled to his own opinion and coaching style but shame on him for not letting his 100 goal scorer to have that opportunity. Have a good day.

Donnie's taking his ball and going home.

Honestly you have answered enough questions on here for me to know more than enough to make an informed decision. Your previous two years scoring is nowhere near what is happening this year. Also, its been confirmed by you this is an obvious attempt to set a record by clubbing less talented teams and not a " well, we play in a weak district" reason. In my opinion that makes it even worse.

Its funny how folks rationalize poor sportsmanship and misguided coaching. I am extremely grateful that our coach is teaching our kids what he is and as a coach myself I agree 100%. I even think the player is fine with it knowing shes scoring two against CAK/Webb/FRA and having hat tricks against Lenoir City etc... and not piling on against the worst teams on her schedule. Instead shes trying to help her teammates that rarely score have an opportunity to do so. At least it seems that way.

Like I said earlier this doesn't mean your coach is a terrible guy but IMO he is making this a bad teaching moment.

Honestly you have answered enough questions on here for me to know more than enough to make an informed decision. Your previous two years scoring is nowhere near what is happening this year. Also, its been confirmed by you this is an obvious attempt to set a record by clubbing less talented teams and not a " well, we play in a weak district" reason. In my opinion that makes it even worse.

Its funny how folks rationalize poor sportsmanship and misguided coaching. I am extremely grateful that our coach is teaching our kids what he is and as a coach myself I agree 100%. I even think the player is fine with it knowing shes scoring two against CAK/Webb/FRA and having hat tricks against Lenoir City etc... and not piling on against the worst teams on her schedule. Instead shes trying to help her teammates that rarely score have an opportunity to do so. At least it seems that way.

Like I said earlier this doesn't mean your coach is a terrible guy but IMO he is making this a bad teaching moment.

Very well said. By the way, I believe Ram Fan is the coach.

take the rev limiter off that girl so she can rip it....put her in the record books

Booger just sayin corner-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

The previous two years the district was split with 5 teams in West and 6 teams in East but this year the district was combined again and Concord Christian joined which made 12 teams. Grace and Rockwood are very strong and Greenback is pretty good too......then it drops. She has averaged 3.8 goals per game, mainly first half, in 16 games and the rest of the team has averaged 6.4 goals per game in the past 16. District 2 is in the same situation as Greenville is a beast up there and are dominating everyone. As a Ram soccer fan and supporter, we can agree to disagree. By the way, she sometimes has to be reminded to quit being so unselfish and start attacking the goal more. She has already amassed approximately 70 assists in her career as well. She is already being punished in 80% of the district games because she only gets to play approximately half of game which isn't fair to her as well but she understands and plays her role very well. If she continues her 3.8 goals per game she will probably break the state record but she is also just fine even if she doesn't because making it to Murfreesboro is the only thing on her mind as well as the other 19 players. I appreciate your honesty and your opinion but it doesn't mean it's right.

The previous two years the district was split with 5 teams in West and 6 teams in East but this year the district was combined again and Concord Christian joined which made 12 teams. Grace and Rockwood are very strong and Greenback is pretty good too......then it drops. She has averaged 3.8 goals per game, mainly first half, in 16 games and the rest of the team has averaged 6.4 goals per game in the past 16. District 2 is in the same situation as Greenville is a beast up there and are dominating everyone. As a Ram soccer fan and supporter, we can agree to disagree. By the way, she sometimes has to be reminded to quit being so unselfish and start attacking the goal more. She has already amassed approximately 70 assists in her career as well. She is already being punished in 80% of the district games because she only gets to play approximately half of game which isn't fair to her as well but she understands and plays her role very well. If she continues her 3.8 goals per game she will probably break the state record but she is also just fine even if she doesn't because making it to Murfreesboro is the only thing on her mind as well as the other 19 players. I appreciate your honesty and your opinion but it doesn't mean it's right.

Is she gonna play at the "next level" after High School??

Elite programs will never have girls with scoring titles.  Strength of the opponents being a key factor.

Why isn't Karlie Paschall blowing up the scoring titles?  She is one of the best players in the state...

It's because Ravenwood plays the top teams (and their district is brutal).  Having a player score 1 or 2 goals against teams like Independence or Farragut or Houston is a whole lot better than scoring 6 against a rural district team.

The true test is how this young lady does against a team like Greeneville, CCS, Farragut, or Bearden.  But Grace doesn't play those teams, so it is hard to judge.

Post season will show a lot if they make it to the state tournament (of which, I feel they have a good chance knowing the Knoxville and East TN areas).  Get by Catholic and/or CAK and you have a great chance.