Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Coach and I want to personally thank you for the pre-game prayer when we played you guys where both teams participated to pray for Ben Ellis.  That was a special moment for my daughter and our family to put things in perspective.

Didn't know if you knew this, but it was your girls that approached ours to pray for Ben!

We were really moved for that.  Meant a great deal to the girls and our school.

Thanks and I hope scheduling isn't a nightmare next year,depends on how many district teams we have....I would say we won't have 12 like district 3-A/AA is now.  I believe Rockwood will probably be the only team currently in our district that would stay play us starting next year.  We will still like to keep the class AAA teams like Oak Ridge, Seymour, Jeff Co and Stone on the schedule.....Maybe a Hardin Valley or a Bearden.....but not both in the same season,  they are way above our league as our schedule next year will be tough enough with more travel.  

I can't speak for the Coach, but I don't think Alcoa would have any trouble scheduling you next season. We did not have to this season and we did. We like to play good non-district opponents. Lots of pieces have to fall into place to make a schedule so I feel sure if we have openings that match, we would play. 

Well, lets just tear down the scoreboard and play Upwards soccer.  We have 12 team in our district so therefore are limited on non district games.  Our non district schedule is much tougher.  Besides Rockwood, the district is very weak.  We set limits in the 2nd half on how we are able to score....after at least 5 passes,  crosses, headers and beyond the 18.  If the other team can't stop it with the underclassmen, so be it.  Get over it

Just to set the record straight, there is no such thing as "Upwards" Soccer. It is Upward Soccer and I have been running it at my church for over 10 years and I was on the National Upward Board for 5 years. I don't know why you decided to pick on something that is Christ centered and does a lot for many kids and their families. Upward is about skills development, and how is that a bad thing? We don't have fancy scoreboards, but I assure you that the kids know the score. I have coached very few club matches where there is a scoreboard. The lower divisions in Upward do not keep an official score, that is true (neither does AYSO or many club teams), but the older age groups do. Many clubs have Academy programs that don't keep score and are centered on skills development. There is nothing wrong with keeping score and there is nothing wrong with the Upward model, it helps families and kids, how can that be bad??

I can't speak for the Coach, but I don't think Alcoa would have any trouble scheduling you next season. We did not have to this season and we did. We like to play good non-district opponents. Lots of pieces have to fall into place to make a schedule so I feel sure if we have openings that match, we would play. 

That's good to know.

Just to set the record straight, there is no such thing as "Upwards" Soccer. It is Upward Soccer and I have been running it at my church for over 10 years and I was on the National Upward Board for 5 years. I don't know why you decided to pick on something that is Christ centered and does a lot for many kids and their families. Upward is about skills development, and how is that a bad thing? We don't have fancy scoreboards, but I assure you that the kids know the score. I have coached very few club matches where there is a scoreboard. The lower divisions in Upward do not keep an official score, that is true (neither does AYSO or many club teams), but the older age groups do. Many clubs have Academy programs that don't keep score and are centered on skills development. There is nothing wrong with keeping score and there is nothing wrong with the Upward model, it helps families and kids, how can that be bad??

Yes, you're right, sorry about the spelling.  You are absolutely right there is not anything wrong with Upward soccer....or Upward sports at all and it is a great youth program for development.  I was just using it as an example because any Upward sport I've ever been involved with does not keep score.  Maybe I should have used the word.....AYSO.  That's all I was saying because we were getting blasted because of some of our scores.  I was just frustrated....it happens a lot when I'm reading these blogs....lol.  

Edited by Ram Fan

Yes, you're right, sorry about the spelling.  You are absolutely right there is not anything wrong with Upward soccer....or Upward sports at all and it is a great youth program for development.  I was just using it as an example because any Upward sport I've ever been involved with does not keep score.  Maybe I should have used the word.....AYSO.  That's all I was saying because we were getting blasted because of some of our scores.  I was just frustrated....it happens a lot when I'm reading these blogs....lol.  

Thanks for making this clear. I was puzzled that you seemed to be putting down a Kingdom Ministry when Grace is Kingdom Ministry too. I understand being frustrated, I coach soccer! "SMILE" We are good my friend!

If you are at the Grace/Alcoa Soccer Game, look me up. I am Alcoa's Keeper coach. It is always a pleasure to meet someone from Coach T.

Plus, after we play there this week, you owe us a home game! lol

Well, we will still probably come to you guys next year anyway but Alcoa is actually catching up in the series. We came there in 2009 and 2012.....haven't played since then. 2009 was our first year for girls soccer at GCA.  We lost both meetings at Alcoa.  With our crazy district it's been hard trying to get another game with Alcoa.......and it's nothing on you guys.....it's been our side.

Edited by Ram Fan

• 3 weeks later...