WB vs Maryville Middle school tonight. Predicted scores and offers

32hammer

My kid has just entered 5th grade and I got a question: when does all the recruiting stuff start? I've heard Murvil offers "garbage service", Alcoa offers a lower classification garbage service at 1/4 the cost, wb offers a dream, hairtage doesn't offer anything because they're gonna do it the hard way, and greenback lets you be the big fish in the small pond.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kid has just entered 5th grade and I got a question: when does all the recruiting stuff start? I've heard Murvil offers "garbage service", Alcoa offers a lower classification garbage service at 1/4 the cost, wb offers a dream, hairtage doesn't offer anything because they're gonna do it the hard way, and greenback lets you be the big fish in the small pond.

sx....rite now.....Whut iz his 40 time....???.... :popcorneater:

Now Mr X. Jr is always notified when we have baked potato bar and chicken nuggets...

*the impossible dream

sx....rite now.....Whut iz his 40 time....???.... :popcorneater:

Now Mr X. Jr is always notified when we have baked potato bar and chicken nuggets...

He's not got to 40 yet, he gets stumped in the twenties. You're right rw87, the proverbial "free lunches" do get his attention. He has received a couple of applications and some local camp invites, but I assumed these were mass mailed.

P.O.T.Y.

Period.

I didn't say they are a bad team. I know most of the boys very well, they are great young men as well as player. We were the better team this time and it was a much deserved win for our boys and our program. I still think if this team stays together and continues to play football they way they have it will not be there last win against Maryville. It doesn't matter if the pipeline goes all the way to California, unless you were born and raised here you do not understand the rivalry between WB and Maryville or Maryvile and Alcoa and etc.

I do think the middle school team at Alcoa is loaded and is going to be nasty as they grow together. I'm more concerned about them down the road.

When Dustin Lindsey was an Alcoa 8th grader, Alcoa beat Maryville something like 44 to 0.   He was one of the best I'd ever seen play.  Alcoa never beat Maryville while Dustin was on the team in high school.  (This is no reflection on Dustin.  Rather just a note to how things change after middle school.)