Catholic at Notre Dame

QSouth89

Haters gonna Hate and cheaters gonna cheat!  lol  Answer me this...why would you support a school that obviously cheats?  It's the same as supporting Hillary Clinton in my opinion.  We all know she broke the law and it's out there and obvious that she did yet people simply don't care? Same situation here!  Everyone knows what goes on at these private schools.  I'll tell on myself a little bit...back in the day I was a High school administrator in Nebraska at a private school.  Keep in mind this was  in the mid to late 80's and I will confess that we recruited kids like it was nobody's business.  We were accused of recruiting every day and every night yet since I was a part of it I denied it just like you guys do every day.  Once i left my brain went back to normal and I regret being a part of that.  Recruiting in high school is different that college.  It's more subtle.  This way there is plausible deniability when it comes to being accused of cheating. (i.e. "clerical error")  Look,  great job winning and great job with what has been pieced together.  I know where you are coming from.  I'm blessed to be back here in knoxville and like I said I'm not really a fan of any particular school but I would like to see this argument go away and the Catholics of the world play where they are supposed to be playing.  If they travel then so be it!  That's why they have students pay tuition and that's why they have a backing by the Diocese.  And if they tell you they don't, that's another lie.

Edited by LarryGee77

Haters gonna Hate and cheaters gonna cheat!  lol  Answer me this...why would you support a school that obviously cheats?  It's the same as supporting Hillary Clinton in my opinion.  We all know she broke the law and it's out there and obvious that she did yet people simply don't care? Same situation here!  Everyone knows what goes on at these private schools.  I'll tell on myself a little bit...back in the day I was a High school administrator in Nebraska at a private school.  Keep in mind this was  in the mid to late 80's and I will confess that we recruited kids like it was nobody's business.  We were accused of recruiting every day and every night yet since I was a part of it I denied it just like you guys do every day.  Once i left my brain went back to normal and I regret being a part of that.  Recruiting in high school is different that college.  It's more subtle.  This way there is plausible deniability when it comes to being accused of cheating. (i.e. "clerical error")  Look,  great job winning and great job with what has been pieced together.  I know where you are coming from.  I'm blessed to be back here in knoxville and like I said I'm not really a fan of any particular school but I would like to see this argument go away and the Catholics of the world play where they are supposed to be playing.  If they travel then so be it!  That's why they have students pay tuition and that's why they have a backing by the Diocese.  And if they tell you they don't, that's another lie.

Well I'm certainly shocked to learn that the recruiting only goes on in private schools. I think if you were to look at the rosters of Maryville, Alcoa, OR, Fulton  etc. you would find kids on the roster that live outside of those zones....just saying. I'm not sure of the distinction you're trying to make in the cheating/recruiting statements. The player that caused the issue wasn't recruited. He was an incoming freshman. We were told he hadn't played varsity football as an 8th grader. What we were unaware of was that he had repeated 8th grade when he transferred to that school. That is really hard for an AD or front office person to determine that upfront. I don't think any edge was gained in the "cheating" that occurred with this player.

I'm sure the tuition paid by the students isn't designed to cover an athletic travel budget, it barely covers the cost of operating the school.

I'm blessed to be back here in knoxville and like I said I'm not really a fan of any particular school but I would like to see this argument go away and the Catholics of the world play where they are supposed to be playing.  If they travel then so be it!  That's why they have students pay tuition and that's why they have a backing by the Diocese.  And if they tell you they don't, that's another lie.

Booger nose u members of The Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly, which is located just off State Road 23 on the Frontage Road ant got no luv for Catholics; but dont dont drag ND into that Catholic North stuff

when u go to meeting tonight, u go up front durin the get saved portion and u ax Reverend Billy Ray Collins to forgive u for dragging ND into your detestation of KC 

come visit ND and tell us how much backing theyre gettin...

Booger just sayin pick_your_nose-2190.gif

Edited by Booger

It doesn't matter if an "edge" was gained.  That is a moot point my friend.  Listen when I say this: What you are arguing with me is the same words that used to come out of my mouth day in and day out.  I have checked into the system here and the Blount county schools have open enrollment so congrats to them for finding  a legal way around it.  Fulton does not have open enrollment however they are a Magnet school.  From my research not everyone that applies to the magnet school gets a transfer.  The magnet school is also NOT used for bringing in football players. When is the last time you ever saw a high school kid "commit" to another high school?  This is why I compared it to talking to a Hillary supporter.  You simply don't care what is going on as long as you are winning.  But what do I know right?  I'm just Larry but this comment is from me...not the fellas at breakfast.

Edited by LarryGee77

Booger nose u members of The Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly, which is located just off State Road 23 on the Frontage Road ant got no luv for Catholics; but dont dont drag ND into that Catholic North stuff

when u go to meeting tonight, u go up front durin the get saved portion and u ax Reverend Billy Ray Collins to forgive u for dragging ND into your detestation of KC 

come visit ND and tell us how much backing theyre gettin...

Booger just sayin pick_your_nose-2190.gif

I'm not dragging ND in this.  I'm just speaking on what I see here in Knoxville.  I hope you guys give them a good game and give them their 2nd loss of the season.

I am excited for Catholic to join DII again. The way they are looking they should play up in AAA with MBA, Ensworth, Baylor,McCallie, BA, etc. I think that would result is some really good football games against some of the best teams in the State.

Get caught up Spartan........Catholic North will have no choice but to play up in D2 3A; its not their choice......they r the 5th largest private school in the state and way above the cutoff line for that class

now Ensworth, MBA and BA; they dont have to play up....we will see what they do

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Get caught up Spartan........Catholic North will have no choice but to play up in D2 3A; its not their choice......they r the 5th largest private school in the state and way above the cutoff line for that class

now Ensworth, MBA and BA; they dont have to play up....we will see what they do

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Wow, crazy how things change.

In my almost ancient history time of playing football at ND, we owned catholic. I think we played every year and some years they were barely better than middle school teams. 

Spartan4life, if you dust off your history books, I think the first meeting between Webb and ND was in 1997 and resulted in a last second field goal by ND to give Webb a regular season loss. I think Webb visited ND for the playoff game and Webb got the best of us. If I remember correctly we had some banged up players and did not peak at the end of the season. We played both ways back then. According to your signature line, that was the year they were runner-ups. That year was probably not the best ND team I was apart of but it was one of the better teams. 

Booger, I think you are correct in that ND does not have as deep of pockets as other private schools.However, the facilities have drastically improved since my time at ND.  In fact, during my time at ND we did not have a home baseball field and our weight room was a glorified closet. We played many public schools with better facilities. I would not have traded schools and felt like the difference at ND was always the people not the materials.  I have no clue about what has been going on at Catholic.

I hope the TSSAA can get the classifications right for the athlete's sake!

I enjoy reading yalls opinions and hope to make it back to an ND sometime. 

Game Prediction.

ND 24-Catholic 21 With no injuries, both go on to win State Titles (If that is even possible)

Man the butt hurt in this thread is atrocious.

I'm pretty sure no one really gives a crap at catholic now about the forfeit. It ought to tell someone with some common sense that if major media outlets are unwilling to recognize it then there could possibly be more to story.

But anyway thanks for bringing all your expertise from Nebraska

Wow, crazy how things change.

In my almost ancient history time of playing football at ND, we owned catholic. I think we played every year and some years they were barely better than middle school teams. 

Spartan4life, if you dust off your history books, I think the first meeting between Webb and ND was in 1997 and resulted in a last second field goal by ND to give Webb a regular season loss. I think Webb visited ND for the playoff game and Webb got the best of us. If I remember correctly we had some banged up players and did not peak at the end of the season. We played both ways back then. According to your signature line, that was the year they were runner-ups. That year was probably not the best ND team I was apart of but it was one of the better teams. 

Booger, I think you are correct in that ND does not have as deep of pockets as other private schools.However, the facilities have drastically improved since my time at ND.  In fact, during my time at ND we did not have a home baseball field and our weight room was a glorified closet. We played many public schools with better facilities. I would not have traded schools and felt like the difference at ND was always the people not the materials.  I have no clue about what has been going on at Catholic.

I hope the TSSAA can get the classifications right for the athlete's sake!

I enjoy reading yalls opinions and hope to make it back to an ND sometime. 

Game Prediction.

ND 24-Catholic 21 With no injuries, both go on to win State Titles (If that is even possible)

its still about the people and better than ever......great people leading the charge....cmon back; good times

Booger just sayin :thumb: