Catholic at Notre Dame

QSouth89

That's as close as Webb will get to playing the Irish. He knows the butt whoopin that would ensue.....They're still waving the white flag :roflol::thumb:

Not 100 percent sure why this rivalry isn't happening. And I would agree. Catholic would handle Webb this year and last. Just like Webb did for 5 years before that.

Knowing Coach Meske something internal must have happened to drop this rivalry. Not everything is as it appears.

For what it's worth Webb beat ND in the scrimmage earlier this summer. Either way Catholic would/will blow both these teams off the field this year. There are only about 10 teams this year in the state that would give Catholic a good game/beat them. ND and Webb aren't in that number.

Not 100 percent sure why this rivalry isn't happening. And I would agree. Catholic would handle Webb this year and last. Just like Webb did for 5 years before that.

Knowing Coach Meske something internal must have happened to drop this rivalry. Not everything is as it appears.

For what it's worth Webb beat ND in the scrimmage earlier this summer. Either way Catholic would/will blow both these teams off the field this year. There are only about 10 teams this year in the state that would give Catholic a good game/beat them. ND and Webb aren't in that number.

I honestly think there are a few main reasons behind the move:

1. Webb's overall football numbers were dropping significantly as Catholic's were starting to really rise. Last time we played, Webb had about 30 kids including 8th graders dressed.

2. Several kids leaving Webb for Catholic namely the Mays boys and Cooper Edenfield. Webb's offense doesn't really get you ready for college play (that was told to Aaron Douglas by Fulmer)

3. Catholic was on a roll and was going to win for a while.

Given the last games vs. Webb and CAK, I think Catholic would be the preferred choice for middle school football players considering the best option for their football future. Given the potential chance for the change to the private school ranks, I wouldn't want any part of the Irish if I was Webb or CAK and the recruiting doors open.... 

what u have failed to observe, is that Booger has not laid claim to the fact that Catholic North was goin to experience a loss Friday night at the hands of ND.....neither did Booger say that they were thumpin down on Baylor and McCallie.....

we shall see how bad ND gets blown by Cathoilic Friday night.....Booger is very confident ND want b blown off the fielld

and Booger luvs that comment bout that preseason scrimmage between Webb and ND....now, thats just sum funny stuff right there......your talkin bout the scrimmage we had with all the coaches also out on the field with the players....your talkin bout the scrimmage where we were running 10 plays per team then rotating, then lettin the JV teams run 5 plays; then swapping back to varsity for 10 more plays.....thats a rib breaker of comedy there....

Booger not even sure what the score was....butt hey; if Spartan4Life gotta score putta way up in that brain housin group with Webb in the front...u can keep it......your Webb boys willl get a chance at the Fighting Irish next year; if yall make the playoffs

cause ole Booger likes that funny sense of Humor of yours......u private message Booger with an address and Booger will make sure that 2016 Webb-ND Pre-Season Scrimmage Champions trophy will b mailed to u overnight delivery

Booger just sayinlaughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

what u have failed to observe, is that Booger has not laid claim to the fact that Catholic North was goin to experience a loss Friday night at the hands of ND.....neither did Booger say that they were thumpin down on Baylor and McCallie.....

we shall see how bad ND gets blown by Cathoilic Friday night.....Booger is very confident ND want b blown off the fielld

and Booger luvs that comment bout that preseason scrimmage between Webb and ND....now, thats just sum funny stuff right there......your talkin bout the scrimmage we had with all the coaches also out on the field with the players....your talkin bout the scrimmage where we were running 10 plays per team then rotating, then lettin the JV teams run 5 plays; then swapping back to varsity for 10 more plays.....thats a rib breaker of comedy there....

Booger not even sure what the score was....butt hey; if Spartan4Life gotta score putta way up in that brain housin group with Webb in the front...u can keep it......your Webb boys willl get a chance at the Fighting Irish next year; if yall make the playoffs

cause ole Booger likes that funny sense of Humor of yours......u private message Booger with an address and Booger will make sure that 2016 Webb-ND Pre-Season Scrimmage Champions trophy will b mailed to u overnight delivery

The last few years it's been really close games so I don't expect any thing less.

Lol I guess you missed the part where I said "for what it's worth." Which means for those who don't understand... It's not worth much.

Maybe you should do that because last time I checked Notre Dame didn't have any gold trophies...Webb has quite a few. Maybe you'll get your first in next years scrimmage.

Lol you're a funny guy. I know what your stance is. My stance is that Catholic will make this a running clock. We will see Friday.

I honestly think there are a few main reasons behind the move:

1. Webb's overall football numbers were dropping significantly as Catholic's were starting to really rise. Last time we played, Webb had about 30 kids including 8th graders dressed.

2. Several kids leaving Webb for Catholic namely the Mays boys and Cooper Edenfield. Webb's offense doesn't really get you ready for college play (that was told to Aaron Douglas by Fulmer)

3. Catholic was on a roll and was going to win for a while.

Given the last games vs. Webb and CAK, I think Catholic would be the preferred choice for middle school football players considering the best option for their football future. Given the potential chance for the change to the private school ranks, I wouldn't want any part of the Irish if I was Webb or CAK and the recruiting doors open....

I could see that. When I was there we always had 60 plus kids. The administration under a now fired school president was literally killing the football program by trying to make it more of an arts school than sports school.

I think Webb's numbers will start increasing again every year and eventually get back up to what they use to be. Right now with that few of players it's hard to compete and be dominate how we were only 5 plus years ago.

The last few years it's been really close games so I don't expect any thing less.

yes they have been somewhat close; and yes ND had you down 17-14 in the 3rd qtr of your championship season last year....but we just could not sustain the whole 4 qtrs in the trenches and our special teams coach at the time thought it was a great idea to kick it to Amari time after time...bad bad idea

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/game.cfm?eventid=510574

since 2001 the 2 have played each other 9 X.....take away the big time thumpin Catholic North puts on ND in the first of 2 games in the 2004 season and big time thumpin North puts on ND in 2003 and the average points difference in the 2 teams over the other 7 games is only 5 points

North beats ND 51-6 in 2003 to give ND its worse loss in this series....KC was 12-1 that year and ND was 1-9

ND has won only 2 of the last 9 meetings, with the last bein in the 2004 playoffs when ND got probably its biggest win over KC and worse lost from KC in the same season.....definately Catholic North takes its biggest upset in the this period from ND that year.....Catholic.North beats ND 42-7 in the first meeting of that year...the 2 meet again in the playoffs with Catholic North undefeated and ND (7-3)...ND puts an end to Catholic Norths Championship run and undefeated season 35-28

Hey; Booger not sayin it will happen to Sonny Moores #1 ranked team in the whole state of TN; but it has happened

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

It's my understanding that not every media outlet has recognized Catholic as 2-1 instead of 3-0. I know the game was played however Sonney Moore and MaxP keep moving them up showing a 3-0 record and that's not correct. You may think that's petty, but it's not...it was cheating. Now QSouth who I'm told is a basketball coach at Catholic who knows way more than he lets on will tell you that boy that was ineligible only played limited snaps when in fact he played 25 snaps. But 1 was all it took to cheat. Then they will say it was a clerical error....well imagine that! If there is a clerical error for a player that claimed to only play limited snaps then the TSSAA needs to check ALL players records in my opinion. They got a freshman #55 that was a visitor at many Catholic games last year. A middle school coach recently showed me a photo of him and #3 hanging out after games. Then this kid makes a commitment like a college commitment on that Twitter media and no one bats an eye to it? They keep saying "best team ever". but I say no matter what there should ALWAYS be an asterisk by this team and they can either go 5A or private like they should be anyway. I'm not really a fan of any school but I smell a rat and it's nasty. But my name just Larry and I just repeat what I hear from the fellas at breakfast.

Edited by LarryGee77

Larry

I have breaking news for you.

Yes Carholic is 2-1

Yes #55 went to several Catholic games last year

Yes #55 and #3 are friends and I'm sure were photographed together.

What I heard over lunch today is that 55 visited several schools across TN and even Atlanta before his folks decided to move to the school that was the best fit for him academically and athletically. From what I'm told they haven't regretted anything about up rooting their family and moving 200 plus miles.

I was also told over lunch that even one time when 55 was in Knoxville he was asked to visit Fulton.

But then again this is all just talk around the lunch table what do I know.