Humboldt at Peabody

JungleJim125

Okay. I apologize for picking Peabody. I honestly don't care who wins this game. I just think if Peabody can fix a couple of things they will be a formidable team. With Humboldt......who knows? Athletes everywhere but in times past discipline has been a huge issue. Maybe they have that fixed. I don't know.

BisSwo, you are correct, Humboldt has always had athletes & team discipline has been a issue but has improved this year! I think everybody is judging Humboldt from the past but only time will tell which Viking team shows up! I see UC is still UC & good luck this season!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt beat South Fulton a lot worse than I expected... And didn't do bad against Milan the week before (got worn down late in the game)...

Peabody is a good team as well that if they limit their mistakes. Good pass and run game...

Yes, GCPioneer you pick SF to beat Humboldt by 8 but this Humboldt team is better than last year team, not ready to compete against UC or Dresden yet! Humboldt defense will have to come & play but we have played teams that run/pass (Milan) so Trenton want show us nothing that we haven't seen just got to play good defense!

After watching Friday's game, if you're a Peabody fan and you paid close attention you should probably feel a little more at ease. Overall the team played well, they had I believe 413 total yards on the night against one of the best teams in the state. Peabody is a young team and they did what young teams do, they made simple mental errors that resulted in turn overs and penalties and big plays being busted. Physically it was all there. I saw a lot of growing

up on that Peabody team done Friday night. With all that being said I think the Tide takes this one. Yes Humboldt has a plethora of athletic ability, but they just lack the line play to win the game. I don't think their offensive and defensive lines stand too much of a chance against those big lineman from Trenton. I'm going with Peabody by 21.

After watching Friday's game, if you're a Peabody fan and you paid close attention you should probably feel a little more at ease. Overall the team played well, they had I believe 413 total yards on the night against one of the best teams in the state. Peabody is a young team and they did what young teams do, they made simple mental errors that resulted in turn overs and penalties and big plays being busted. Physically it was all there. I saw a lot of growing

up on that Peabody team done Friday night. With all that being said I think the Tide takes this one. Yes Humboldt has a plethora of athletic ability, but they just lack the line play to win the game. I don't think their offensive and defensive lines stand too much of a chance against those big lineman from Trenton. I'm going with Peabody by 21.

Humboldt has some good size on the line as well. But the difference in this one will be the speed of Humboldt. South Fulton had some big boys on both sides of the line to. Red Devils were a bit bigger. South Fulton just did not have the speed to play with Humboldt. I am not saying Peabody cant beat Humboldt. I have seen both teams play. If Peabody can keep Humboldt speed intact and if they dont Humboldt wins. Peabody has some good recievers and a QB who has a strong arm. Peabody protects the QB and if they can catch the ball Peabody wins. Speed in something you cant teach! Peabody also give 365 yards on the ground to one running back. Good luck to both teams!

Edited by JungleJim125

Have I missed something here, is Peabody better than last year? I watched them play NCS and I'm still scratching my head as to how they made it to that game instead of UC or Dresden. In no way am I bashing Peabody but they just were not very good from what I saw and I know they lost several to graduation and was thinking they changed coaches, I'm just a little confused.

We replaced nearly every starter. We returned 4 guys that played meaningful snaps on the offensive line and our tight end and a corner. Peabody is a different kind of football team, we lack the speed we've had in the past. With such a young team we've had a lot of mental errors occur during the first three games which you would expect. I think it's a little too early to tell just how good this team can be, speed will give them a problem all year but physically they should match up with just about anyone. Give this team time to develop and then we can see truly how good they are.

Have I missed something here, is Peabody better than last year? I watched them play NCS and I'm still scratching my head as to how they made it to that game instead of UC or Dresden. In no way am I bashing Peabody but they just were not very good from what I saw and I know they lost several to graduation and was thinking they changed coaches, I'm just a little confused.

I was at the same game also. It was complete domination for NSC. I can say this going to my grave. NSC would not have beaten our state champion team the prior year. I was approached by a man from NSC. He said Peabody was a joke. I told hi the joke was a Christian School playing with all those recruits. NSC will play in their own league in 2017 and the jokes will be on them. They do not play on an even playing field. It takes a really special public school to beat a good recruiting private school and that is what UC had when they beat the breaks off of them and that is what our 2014 team would have done. I have a  problem with open enrollment schools also. Everyone should be in their own league. Last years championship should have gone to Huntingdon, Wayne County and or Peabody. Roll Tide.

I was at the same game also. It was complete domination for NSC. I can say this going to my grave. NSC would not have beaten our state champion team the prior year. I was approached by a man from NSC. He said Peabody was a joke. I told hi the joke was a Christian School playing with all those recruits. NSC will play in their own league in 2017 and the jokes will be on them. They do not play on an even playing field. It takes a really special public school to beat a good recruiting private school and that is what UC had when they beat the breaks off of them and that is what our 2014 team would have done. I have a problem with open enrollment schools also. Everyone should be in their own league. Last years championship should have gone to Huntingdon, Wayne County and or Peabody. Roll Tide.

Trenton is open zone. Look at you school board policy under "students" 6.204 entitled "non-resident students". It can be accessed online.

Same basic policy as other open zoned schools across the state.