Milan travels to Huntingdon

JungleJim125

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. Huntingdon takes this one. The backs are looking really good and being able to throw it around this year is a added dimension.

The backs looking really good and being able to throw it in one game against collinwood doesn't say much. It will be interesting to see how you match up on the o and d lines after what you graduated. That is our strength. Hard for your backs to run without a hole and hard for your qb to throw when he's running for his life. This game will be won in the trenches.

yes. Huntingdon takes this one. The backs are looking really good and being able to throw it around this year is a added dimension.

If Htown is throwing the ball, then they are in trouble...just run it...be the bully

Much closer game than last season, but I still take the horses...

BPM it's really a predictability thing, need to use the TE more. He got loose 1 time Friday and you saw the rewards...21 is incredible, but he needs decoys...you guys used the TE a good deal more last year I felt

The backs looking really good and being able to throw it in one game against collinwood doesn't say much. It will be interesting to see how you match up on the o and d lines after what you graduated. That is our strength. Hard for your backs to run without a hole and hard for your qb to throw when he's running for his life. This game will be won in the trenches.

agree BPM..Huntingdon could run their offense in a phone booth...Morris has had success defending the wing T....except last year....lol....

If Htown is throwing the ball, then they are in trouble...just run it...be the bully

Much closer game than last season, but I still take the horses...

BPM it's really a predictability thing, need to use the TE more. He got loose 1 time Friday and you saw the rewards...21 is incredible, but he needs decoys...you guys used the TE a good deal more last year I felt

We used the tight end more last year because he was a mr football finalist. Don't have any of those at tight end this year. Storm Williams is the only one that graduated off the offensive line.

I just wanna say this I know its not supposed to rain but man if it does and it cancels the game, we better still play the game even if it is at Milan.  I agree Mustangs better be ready to play ball because Milan I promise you remembers last year and will be out for vengence.  I want the mustangs to win for sure, but either way I want this one to be a close classic game.  I believe the bulldogs are a great team this year and hope they play their best even if it means we lose, not playing Camden dont leave many competitive games for us this season whether we are good or not, and I'd like a barnburner with a good team before we play wayne county late in the season. 

Good luck to both teams and hope everyone has a injury free game and safe trip home.  GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

I don't want Milan to lose...it makes the district and the class look bad...but I see what I see man...they have the advantage of playing Milan a week after liberty, that's a tough ask for that much physicality in back to back games

Like the playoffs

Huntingdon has one of the longest football traditions so it dont look bad if Milan does lose to them, whether Huntingdon is in 1A, 2A, or whatever classification they are in, Huntingdon and Milan have one of the most heated rivalries in not just West TN High School Football, but the whole state of TN.  There has been a lot of classic matches between these schools.  Huntingdon usually tries to play a tough schedule no matter where they get classified but unfortunetly they cant control their region opponents, they try to make sure they play Milan, Camden and McKenzie, then try to play other non region teams like in the past Martin Westview and Union City.  The only opponents in our region that Huntingdon is probably glad to play is Bruceton cause it is a county rivalry and Wayne County because they got a good football team, that isnt a knock to the other teams on the schedule we just like to play tough schedules and some of them schools just dont have enough players to  have the depth to be good.  It'll only look bad if bulldogs play like they did last year which I think they will play better than that, because if that dont fire you up enough to play some ball then you dont got the heart to be a bulldog, cause that school is full of tradition.  I'm sure Coach Morris reminded them of the score last year, hopefully Im wrong and his memory isnt good enough lol, no Milan will be ready to play.  We should be too but the fact we played 1 game only and whipped them last year should make it hard on us I think it'll be a close game either way.  Still think my Mustangs will win but think it'll be close either way.  Game of the Week in my opinion no matter who else is playing this week.  GO MUSTANGS!!!!