District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

But let's get real here White House is starting 3 sophomores and 3/4 subs are freshmen.... these other district teams IMO should be embarrassed WH even competing much less having opportunities to win and winning against other opponents .... EVERY other team ATLEAST starting 3 seniors minimum .... that is 14/15 year olds against 18 year olds .... come on now....if any of you know ANYTHING about basketball that experience can only be learned through playing games , not anything else .... conclusion from last night : heritage the best team in the district...... does that mean they will be best team at tourney time .... only time will tell ! But I would love to see the two MATCHUP AGAIN FOR THE DUSTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

WH chooses to start and play those players because obviously those players have proved prior to game time during practice that they are the best athletes. I believe WH has 5 Seniors and 7 Juniors and could very well start and play those players the entire game.

Playing youth is NOT an excuse here and no team should be embarrassed about playing against the best players a Coach decides should be on the floor.

Didn't mean it as lucky they won , but would have been different game .... but let's all get some perspective and get real here .... WH did what it was obvious they came to do ... #14 had less then 10 points give heritage other players credit for showing up and playing well .....

But let's get real here White House is starting 3 sophomores and 3/4 subs are freshmen.... these other district teams IMO should be embarrassed WH even competing much less having opportunities to win and winning against other opponents .... EVERY other team ATLEAST starting 3 seniors minimum .... that is 14/15 year olds against 18 year olds .... come on now....if any of you know ANYTHING about basketball that experience can only be learned through playing games , not anything else .... conclusion from last night : heritage the best team in the district...... does that mean they will be best team at tourney time .... only time will tell ! But I would love to see the two MATCHUP AGAIN FOR THE DUSTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

This statement is very incorrect. How can you say that because they are 3 years or so younger they shouldn't be competing? When freshman dominate the college game against kids 3-4 years older? White House has the talent it it would get developed they would be fine, but until I see that I will not be sold

WH chooses to start and play those players because obviously those players have proved prior to game time during practice that they are the best athletes. I believe WH has 5 Seniors and 7 Juniors and could very well start and play those players the entire game.

Playing youth is NOT an excuse here and no team should be embarrassed about playing against the best players a Coach decides should be on the floor.

Agreed...They play those younger guys by design, not out of necessity. The 6'3" Sr. transfer from Heritage played maybe 5mins. You can't convince me that he shouldn't be starting or at the very least playing major minutes.

The 3pt shot is WH's biggest vice. They simply shoot too many... or the wrong people are shooting them... or both. 122/440 28% from 3p 

Everyone on here keeps saying... "wait until they get hot." Glad it wasn't last night. 

Nice to bash people when they are down . Start to learn what you are talking about first . Have you watched that senior play jv games . He turns it over all the time can't run plays and keeps ball in his hands way too long . Shouldn't be on the team . The three years under heritsge coaching killed him . All you haters keep hating . Time will tell . They are playing best players that give them the best chance to win .

Funny you said that... This is the same team and coaching staff from the last 3 yrs you're referring to. Looking pretty good so far, am I right?

Not bashing you/ WH or anyone, but I actually know the player in question. I won't speak to what led him to transfer but he's much better than you think that he is. Seen him play on some strong AAU teams as well. Maybe if he chucked up a 3 he'd fit in better?

I think that since he's a Sr., that the coaches would rather invest more time in the youth than winning. Why else would they have played 19 players so far on Varsity? Not a bad strategy,as I think that WH will be really strong for the next couple years.

Tough year for this district, sometimes it's unwatchable. Only consistent thing is that everyone is inconsistent. Play good 1 game, bad for 3. Heritage only team that hasn't had multiple bad games. Harpeth has played well in district games and is tied for 1st I believe.

So heritage turned it over 20 plus times both games against blue devils and still won by 16 and 13. I'd be worried when they don't turn it over cause then it'll be a blow out.

Right now Heritage is only team that has a chance to win a region game depending on who they draw. East Nash, white creek and Maplewood are solid.

Didn't make the Cubs/Motown game but heard about the incident and that Cubs 2 players will be suspended for 2 games.

The kid in question might be a great pick up player . I watch him every day and only thing he does good is shoot the 3 when he is wide open . Carrying 19 players is ludricous . Only carry twelve . You can't always expect kids to cut themselves . You can't be loyal to seniors and feel obligated to play them . That's how you bury a program . My philosophy which I think the assistant coach agrees with is unless you are starting or playing meaningful minutes on a good team if you are a junior or senior your cut . only way to truly build a program and keep it succesful

Baka crazy you saying that about if they don't turn it over it will be a blow out . Both games devils were pressing forcing the tempo and getting turnovers but giving up a lot of lay ups . Whst if they actually slowed it down took away nick and just see if they could knock down a shot other than a lay up. .? Turnovers would be down for sure but actually think if they could keep them off the boards it gives them a bettter chance . Even though devils don't like it slow .?

B52...

I'll leave it at this... He's also been through a lot in the last year+ so I wouldn't blame him if his heart wasn't in it as a Sr. having to play JV. Should he go out there and get 20? Sure... Would it earn him more time on Varsity? I doubt it.

Re: Heritage turnovers and pace of the game

As Bama mentioned, 2-20 turnover games still resulted in comfortable wins for Heritage. I doubt that you want to see a clean game (see Sycamore).

There's also no need to worry about what Heritage might do in the district Tourney or beyond.

That sounds like sour grapes. That's would be like me saying... "all of those good young FR/SO guards are going to be wasted at WH. No way they're all going to get big minutes there."

those young kids at wh have to play big minutes because their seniors have vanished with the loss of Morgan, Bradley Cole is the only sr that can help. but he hasn't yet from what I've heard and seen. (misses his friend maybe) the jr class has 2 players i believe number 20 and i think the other is 15 the football player...everyone else that can play are soph and freshmen. Now those sophs played a lot last year i think they are not as developed or advanced as the coaching staff was thinking they would be. 3 doesn't shoot enough seems like the players forget hes out there he would be option one for me and let 22 and 5 be the "role" guys 22 is a role guy for Morgan he is comfortable in that role and 5 just isn't as good as what I've heard, he has moments but everyone has moments. it could be hes just not ready for it to be his team. according to unapproved website hes a good defender just let his scoring come from his steals he gets plenty, but my go to guys the way wh plays would be 3 and 20 and just let Cole go to the glass to get his or mismatch possessions and then number 5 can be the open guy when teams start playing 3 and 20...that what i see from the couple games i saw this year and last year. 

as for this district everyone is right its sr loaded but that good for those teams mean they should have plenty experience but as was stated early in the year this district is ranked in the bottom 5 maybe bottom 3 in the state so it makes complete sense to me why its so upside down or no clear favorite. I've looked at everyone schedule win and losses and it makes me smile that stuff like this could happen its good for the district and fans because you just never know any given night who will win...greenbrier over heritage.... wh over gb.... heritage over wh lol...harpeth beats wh, wh beats harpeth one is at the top of district other looks like it dosent know where they stand its just up and down for the whole district sycamore has beat someone i saw and then lost to someone i thought they would have won so I am hoping I can make this district tourney because every game is a coin flip good luck to the rest of the year. If I cant make the district I will at least see four of y'all at the region!!