District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

Two great semi final games tonight. Everyone from jelico was shooting lights out and honestly just wanted it more than oakdale. Oakdale looked like they thought they were just gonna have an easy W and didn't wake up soon enough to win but still a great game. Wartburg wins a close one by 3 after CF goes 15-35 (if I counted correctly) from the free throw line. But also a very very good game. If jelico shoots like they did tonight against wartburg it'll be another good one, but I'm really looking forward to the CF VS Oakdale game. CF by 6.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I won't do much complaining because CF could've won that game if they hit their FT's, but at the end on the last inbound wartburg had the ref called a very cheap foul on #30. Wasn't a foul it happened right in front of me and wartburg called a timeout and before the refs let the crowd know they called timeout they went and changed it to a foul call. Not the best officiating tonight. I feel like they did better in the oakdale/jelico game, but the officials weren't very good for either side in the CF/WB game.

Harriman ain't much easier or Miegs County for that matter.

Yes but either of these two CAN be beat.GCA will win the region and will win by 15+ against any D-4 team.One of the best 1A teams I have seen on his side of Nashville.Harrimans type of play gives GCA fits,but their undisciplined play loses at the end.As usual the Sweatervesters will be a tough out for ANYONE in 1A.I know anything can happen and that is why we play but talent,size and good coaching are hard to beat when we have a limited cupboard to choose from.JMO.

Yes but either of these two CAN be beat.GCA will win the region and will win by 15+ against any D-4 team.One of the best 1A teams I have seen on his side of Nashville.Harrimans type of play gives GCA fits,but their undisciplined play loses at the end.As usual the Sweatervesters will be a tough out for ANYONE in 1A.I know anything can happen and that is why we play but talent,size and good coaching are hard to beat when we have a limited cupboard to choose from.JMO.

We welcome the challenge, we gave them all they wanted at their place last year. We hope we can do that same this year if we meet.

Just how many teams have you seen play this side of Nashville?

Jellico pulled the upset over Oakdale in Game 1............Jellico outworked Oakdale on the boards and Jellico coach kept players fresh with running players in and out in certain points of the game. I'm still not sure why Oakdale's coach chose not to implement full court pressure for the entire game since Jellico does not really have a true point guard. Thought maybe they could turn Jellico over with their pressure and get easy baskets in transition. Oakdale was well rested having the week off and Jellico had played a tough game on Thursday with Oneida so I thought they could have wore them down with pressure. Maybe he thought he would get his better players in foul trouble by going full court pressure for the entire game. I'm no coach, but that's just an observation from my perspective. Gotta give credit to Jellico, they knocked down some big shots throughout the game to keep Oakdale at a distance and made their free throws down the stretch to seal the win. In Game 2, Coalfield free throws doomed them and I think about half way through the game it became mental for their players. It was an exciting game to watch and both teams gave very good effort with Wartburg pulling out a close win on their home floor. Coalfield has to be kicking themselves because if they hit 50% of their free throws they would be playing Jellico for the championship.  Tuesday's games should be fun and exciting in front of another packed house at Wartburg. 

Edited by ZOA9

Two great semi final games tonight. Everyone from jelico was shooting lights out and honestly just wanted it more than oakdale. Oakdale looked like they thought they were just gonna have an easy W and didn't wake up soon enough to win but still a great game. Wartburg wins a close one by 3 after CF goes 15-35 (if I counted correctly) from the free throw line. But also a very very good game. If jelico shoots like they did tonight against wartburg it'll be another good one, but I'm really looking forward to the CF VS Oakdale game. CF by 6.

I'm not so sure about your pick, Oakdale seems to have our number. Oakdale by 2._