Class A - Region 2

VFL44

My son has played four years vs. Harriman in district and I can tell you that Harriman is not overrated! No offense just some honest feedback......if they will play 4 quarters of defense like they play offense they could be top in region! They lack some size and discipline vs teams like GCA but have great athletic jumping ability. If they focus on fundamental basketball on D and box out and crash boards on O they will win the close games they have lost. Limit mistakes!

From the two games I have seen between the two I also agree.

Any three of Coalfield, Wartburg, or Oakdale could win the district tournament and it wouldn't be a surprise. Jellico is the 4seed but I think they are a little below the other 3 unless they are playing at home.

I feel if Parker turns it on and has a very good couple games down the stretch there's not a soul in that district that stops him. Again that's just my take from seeing those teams in that district play. Same scenario can play out for Oakdale if they get hot. I think that district will need some things to play their way in order for a sub-state game but it's far from out of the question!

Keep poking King! 😂 All jokes aside my son is just happy they are competing and hopes to hang on to 4th place in a very tough district and host the first District tournament game on our home floor in Lord knows how long. He is averaging 20 points per game Senior year and would love to make Region tourney! He'll soon hang up the gym shoes and say goodbye to a sport he's loved since he was 4 years old! As a Mom I am thankful to see the smile on his face when he shares with me the responses he has been getting from the other district teams coaches in their respect for his game!

A lot of kids would have packed it in with his situation the last few years. He is a gamer and gives it a lot every time out. Congrats on finishing strong

District Awards 2017

https://twitter.com/ericarnoldtn/status/829924090353971200

Grateful on Connor's hardware as well as our other Rams season. If we beat Meigs County friday I think this GCA senior class will be like 35-5 in regular season district play the last 4 years.

This season we are 20-7 going into Meigs tonight and all 7 losses were to teams 5A or higher. We have not lost a game to a 3A or lower team this season. Pretty sure Meigs will be ready tonight but win or lose we have the #1 seed in district and regular season championship

Edited by 12thmanGCA

By the way, congrats to your boy for having a great season. I'd say he's been a big part of their success this season. I would like to see the Cherokees make the region. Who knows what will happen when tournament time comes.

Thanks! I would just like them to go out proud of their fight against the odds these last 4 years! Football leaves very little time to focus on the round ball but a few find a way to lead.

A lot of kids would have packed it in with his situation the last few years. He is a gamer and gives it a lot every time out. Congrats on finishing strong

Thank you! He is a fighter and will take it all on his shoulders if he has to. He would much prefer to have balance and dish more. In the games we have more balance and he isn't face guarded and doubled up we have been successful. Basketball is coming back around here with much more interest from underclass men. Congrats to your son! He is a great player and seems to be an even greater person. My son thinks your coach rocks by the way!