Class A - Region 2

VFL44

Do you think Meigs pitched the Tellico game the other night so they could get Harriman again? Still scratching my ugly head on that one

Meigs didn't know who they would play if they beat Jellico, since Grace and Harriman played after their game with Tellico. So losing to keep from playing Grace wasn't on their minds. The boys had a bad game is the reason they lost plain and simple. The starters in this group have been together quite some (before middle school) and hate to lose and to suggest they would on purpose is an insult to each of them and an insult to the coaches. They plan on winning each time they step on the court.

Meigs didn't know who they would play if they beat Jellico, since Grace and Harriman played after their game with Tellico. So losing to keep from playing Grace wasn't on their minds. The boys had a bad game is the reason they lost plain and simple. The starters in this group have been together quite some (before middle school) and hate to lose and to suggest they would on purpose is an insult to each of them and an insult to the coaches. They plan on winning each time they step on the court.

Wasnt intent to insult. Really it was a compliment. Sometimes retreating today insures victory tommorrow. I think sammy is awesome coach and have super respect for meigs. Elimination Tuesday is going to be fierce. None of us need to take anything for granted

Do you think Meigs pitched the Tellico game the other night so they could get Harriman again? Still scratching my ugly head on that one

I'd be lying if I told you the thought hadn't crossed my mind a time or two! All I know is Tuesday is going to be INTENSE! Meigs is an excellent tournament team and we're attempting to pull off our 4th win against them this year! I do think we've got a little bit of revenge on our minds as well. Meigs has ended our season in this very game the past two seasons. Last year it came down to a last second missed three!! Tuesday night should be no different and I expect a classic showdown between two great teams!!! Edited by SportsnetWriter2

If Meigs shoots the ball like they did Saturday night they will be a tough out for Harriman. But, which Meigs team will show up? The one that played excellent saturday night in a tough environment or the one that could not throw it in the ocean in the consolation game with Tellico. That game still has me baffled to say the least!  I do think you can hurt Meigs by pounding the ball inside against them as they really don't have a true post presence. Meigs is guard oriented and if they shoot the ball well from outside and then that opens up their ability to slash to the basket when teams cover up the 3 ball line. One thing I do know, Meigs will not be rattled by the environment. They played lights out at Jellico especially in the 2nd half, in a standing room only packed gym and they didn't blink. The Harriman game will be intense. I think the game will come down to which team can stay out of foul trouble and have their best players available in crunch time. I look for Meigs to play some zone early to prevent fouls and then go man when they need to. 

If Meigs shoots the ball like they did Saturday night they will be a tough out for Harriman. But, which Meigs team will show up? The one that played excellent saturday night in a tough environment or the one that could not throw it in the ocean in the consolation game with Tellico. That game still has me baffled to say the least! I do think you can hurt Meigs by pounding the ball inside against them as they really don't have a true post presence. Meigs is guard oriented and if they shoot the ball well from outside and then that opens up their ability to slash to the basket when teams cover up the 3 ball line. One thing I do know, Meigs will not be rattled by the environment. They played lights out at Jellico especially in the 2nd half, in a standing room only packed gym and they didn't blink. The Harriman game will be intense. I think the game will come down to which team can stay out of foul trouble and have their best players available in crunch time. I look for Meigs to play some zone early to prevent fouls and then go man when they need to.

The only way Meigs goes to an effective man defense against us is if they get our 1-4 scoring options in heavy foul trouble. Everybody and their brother has been sitting back in a zone against us and when they go man it doesn't turn out good

If Meigs shoots the ball like they did Saturday night they will be a tough out for Harriman. But, which Meigs team will show up? The one that played excellent saturday night in a tough environment or the one that could not throw it in the ocean in the consolation game with Tellico. That game still has me baffled to say the least!  I do think you can hurt Meigs by pounding the ball inside against them as they really don't have a true post presence. Meigs is guard oriented and if they shoot the ball well from outside and then that opens up their ability to slash to the basket when teams cover up the 3 ball line. One thing I do know, Meigs will not be rattled by the environment. They played lights out at Jellico especially in the 2nd half, in a standing room only packed gym and they didn't blink. The Harriman game will be intense. I think the game will come down to which team can stay out of foul trouble and have their best players available in crunch time. I look for Meigs to play some zone early to prevent fouls and then go man when they need to. 

Great analysis! Honestly the only team that matches up well man for man is Grace. As BlueDevil said, when teams have tried to come out in man it hasn't turned out very good for them. I think John has got to have his best game of the season on Tuesday night! He has to make his presence felt and be the difference maker. He and Isaiah McClain are the two key impact players for us on Tuesday! In my opinion our success comes down to those two Tuesday night!! Our bigs coming off the bench in Duncan and Copeland will be crucial also. When Duncan gets going he's hard to stop and Tuesday the matchup really favors his playing style!! Meigs is a tough bunch and whoever comes away from this with a win will have definitely earned every bit of it!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

Great analysis! Honestly the only team that matches up well man for man is Grace. As BlueDevil said, when teams have tried to come out in man it hasn't turned out very good for them. I think John has got to have his best game of the season on Tuesday night! He has to make his presence felt and be the difference maker. He and Isaiah McClain are the two key impact players for us on Tuesday! In my opinion our success comes down to those two Tuesday night!! Our bigs coming off the bench in Duncan and Copeland will be crucial also. When Duncan gets going he's hard to stop and Tuesday the matchup really favors his playing style!! Meigs is a tough bunch and whoever comes away from this with a win will have definitely earned every bit of it!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

The trick to beating Harriman is to let them lead for 38 mins then smeak up on them 😂ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘.........just kidding we actually had the lead some ourself.

Now about wartburg they shoot like 35 3balls a game so I assume they live and die by that?

The trick to beating Harriman is to let them lead for 38 mins then smeak up on them .........just kidding we actually had the lead some ourself.

Now about wartburg they shoot like 35 3balls a game so I assume they live and die by that?

From the 3 games i've watched them play that's what I took away from it. They like the 3 ball and the more they hit the more 3 point happy they get! They've got Fountain that's a nice presence down low for them. He and Carroll seem to both be solid defenders. I don't have much confidence in Wartburg outshooting your zone if that's what you guys were to come out in, and I definitely don't see the Dawgs outgunning you if you go man. No disrespect to Wartburg, they're just running into a giant come Tuesday night!! I will go ahead and make the bet that Wartburg gives the Rams all they want! I'm still sticking with at least a 12 point Grace victory.

Wartburg Basketball Post Season Records and Accolades Since '05-'06

Overall Record: 36-20

District Tourname;nt Record: 18-9

Region Tournament Record: 14-7

Sectional Games: 3-1

State Tournament: 1-3

District Championships: 3 ('06, '08, '12)

Region Championships: 2 ('12, '13)

Region Championship Appearances: 4 ('06, '07, '12, '13)

District Championship Appearances: 10 ('06, '07, '08, '09, '11, '12, '13, '14, '16, '17) (10 of last 12)

State Tournament Appearances: 3 ('07, '12, '13)

Meigs County Basketball Post Season Records and Accolades Since '05-'06

Overall Record: 23-21     Record since moving to district 3A in '13-'14: (18-7)

District Tournament Record: 13-12

Region Tournament Record: 7-6

Sectional Games: 1-2 (Both losses to Hampton in '15 and '16) 3 straight sectional appearances

State Tournament: 2-1

District Championships: 2 ('14, '16)

Region Championships: 1 ('14)

District Championship Appearances: 5 ('08, '13, '14, '15, '16) 

Region Championship Appearances: 1 ('14)

State Appearances: 1 ('14 runner-up)

Edited by SportsnetWriter2