Mairvul goes upp two Dobbuns Bent-It

STARSNBARS

91....How many of the middle school kids end up wearing the maroon and gray?

that's always a lot of pressure on those kids.I remember playing on a undefeated greene county championship team and everyone told the coach except me that they would go to south greene.I moved into the city that summer and played against them when Greeneville and SG played the first ever 9th grade game against each other.SG was loaded but we were to,beat them about 42-14 and was one of the first undefeated Greeneville 9th grade teams.

If you have not caught on.Being great in the 8th doesn't guareentee you anything.Now as it relates to this thread.Several of the best DB players from their 9th grade team two years ago are gone.4 of the 5 best 9th grade lineman from that class two years years ago as well.Can you imagine what this DB front could have been as far as depth goes.It might have been something like the DB vs South game in 2006 all year for the Tribe without having to blitz.

If you have not caught on.Being great in the 8th doesn't guareentee you anything.Now as it relates to this thread.Several of the best DB players from their 9th grade team two years ago are gone.4 of the 5 best 9th grade lineman from that class two years years ago as well.Can you imagine what this DB front could have been as far as depth goes.It might have been something like the DB vs South game in 2006 all year for the Tribe without having to blitz.

You are right that being great in Middle School does not guarantee being great or even good in High School, but its important to remember that coaches have a huge role in that. WB's feeder middle school teams always had good athletes, but they never really developed under the middle school or high school coaches. Now we have good coaches running the high school and middle school team and you can already see a big difference. The Middle School team has gotten better every year, and it is obvious that the underclassmen players on the high school team that went through the new middle school program are better prepared to compete at a high level than the upperclassmen were a few years ago. The new middle school program is churning out players that are fundamentally sound and have a winning attitude and its already showing even though it isnt affecting wins and losses yet. Edited by Governors91

That might be true, but would you not agree that a lot of positive things are happening at WB that might keep more kids at home?

I would agree. Time will tell but WB needs to start winning some games under the coaching staff. I am not seeing much of a difference (results) from previous seasons, and I am not sure Shad is staying much longer based on numerous rumors. Shad is use to coaching loaded teams with superior athletes and WB is not there yet. 

I would agree. Time will tell but WB needs to start winning some games under the coaching staff. I am not seeing much of a difference (results) from previous seasons, and I am not sure Shad is staying much longer based on numerous rumors. Shad is use to coaching loaded teams with superior athletes and WB is not there yet.

Well,

I'll just say it because it is already common knowledge anyway... Shad recently built a new house here in Blount Count and moved in. Freeagent on here also recently interviewed him and Shad told him that he and his family love living here and are excited about the future of WB football. Does that sound like a man who is planning to leave?

Edited by Governors91

Well,

I'll just say it because it is already common knowledge anyway... Shad recently built a new house here in Blount Count and moved in. Freeagent on here also recently interviewed him and Shad told him that he and his family love living here and are excited about the future of WB football. Does that sound like a man who is planning to leave?

It sure doesn't but the rumor mill is pretty hot.....especially out of middle Tennessee.