WK 7- Dresden's homecoming vs Trenton-Peabody

Guest hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

Wishful thinking doesn't hurt anyone and I'm the same way in the stands I like cheering them on each week. But when you have coached for about 18 years it's a habit to look for weaknesses and am sure your and other coaches do the same thing but good luck to your team.

Luv it. Must be sumin to be a coach in stands and not be able to correct the obvious glaring weaknesses. And extra rewarding to see your team do well. But no matter how great a team is there is always room to improve, always.

Luv it. Must be sumin to be a coach in stands and not be able to correct the obvious glaring weaknesses. And extra rewarding to see your team do well. But no matter how great a team is there is always room to improve, always.

I'm just hoping for that Winn vs Rice matchup! Be the first time I can ever remember that two quarterbacks that finished first and second in the mr football voting played against each other the following year in the semis. Tyler Rice and Jacob Tucker played in 2010 in the regular season in a three overtime game. Rice won it that year and Tucker the next, mr football that is, that's Perry County's only win vs WC Edited by wildcat89

i don't coach anymore last year was my last year coaching. My two sons and I do watch a lot of film at home of the up coming games. One of them is a senior the other a freshmen so yes we do pick out the other teams weaknesses. But I will agree there is always room to improve.

I've kept quiet all week, but I think win or lose a glaring weak spot will get exposed this coming week. From what I've seen and heard the Lion's line leaves a lot to be desired. Many are comparing them to the Humboldt of a few years ago with all the athletes you can wish for, but little to no line play. You can jump on me all you want now, but mark my words if the Dresden offensive line doesn't pick it up, there are gonna be a lot of shocked crying faces come November.

Interesting! So just how bad are the D lines of the team's Dresden has faced? 1A football lives and dies by line play. Heck any team for that matter. How do they establish a run game with weak line play? Suppose with a really good QB and WRs you air it out a lot. But then what do you do when the other team's D line is in QBs face. Ok he runs. But what if other team's D contains and has speed. Faced anything like that yet? Just curious. Edited by ladykee

Guest hevyrevy1611

Interesting! So just how bad are the D lines of the team's Dresden has faced? 1A football lives and dies by line play. Heck any team for that matter. How do they establish a run game with weak line play? Suppose with a really good QB and WRs you air it out a lot. But then what do you do when the other team's D line is in QBs face. Ok he runs. But what if other team's D contains and has speed. Faced anything like that yet? Just curious.

Going to the games or looking at film makes one wonder, is Dresden that good making other teams seem like JV second string squads, or are the teams they've faced thus far that weak? Hard to say. On D our guys are massive monsters and quick. On the O line I think their main issue is consistency, and too many penalties. O line needs to stay with their block more keeping their hands in & use their feet better on pass blocking. We have several good running backs, some are fast and run around & past you, some simply run over the would-be tackler, trucking over them or stiff-arming the defense. Our QB will pass, or run. An amazing scrambler. Very accurate. He didnt win Mr.Football by accident. The O line does open up some holes for runners but need to work on pass blocking. They are getting better each game though. Peabody will be a great test for sure. One can only get better playing great teams... well, IF the players are coachable and motivated to be better that is. Some guys on a team don't care about football or improving, they just wanna be popular at school by wearing the sports letter jacket. Thankfully most of our Lions are coachable, motivated, and hungry, very hungry. This very well could be the year we finally break through & get that Gold. Time will tell.

We will know exactly what we have over the next several weeks. One thing about Dresser is he can make good things happen while running for his life. He's done it for his whole HS career. This group of kids have played together long enough that it's second nature for someone to be open if he gets in trouble or he can tuck it and run. The O line has managed to make some holes for Yates to run through and he is also good at making people miss or running through them. We've had some holding issues with the line and that really isn't different from any of the past several years. What drives me insane is the stupid penalties like a block in the back on opposite side of the field 40 yards behind the ball or a shoving match after a TD. That has to stop before playoffs. On the flip side we haven't played a team that matches our athleticism but that's about to change. I've said it many times on the T that this group beats the teams they should but haven't had to win a close hard fought battle. We either win big or lose big so I'm looking forward to see how we handle Trenton, UC and Humboldt's athletes.  

Guest hevyrevy1611

I don't have any affiliation with Trenton but I'm guessing since Winn threw several interceptions against union city and Trenton last year I'm betting the plan is to rush him. I don't think any of the others teams have rushed him the way Trenton or union city will.

Yes they will "try", but hopefully against these upcoming great teams our O-line will keep him protected... for rest of season & in playoffs all the way to Cookeville. :) Our receivers have amazing hands, if Winn can get it to them they usually catch it. We about to see.

Guest hevyrevy1611

This thread is awfully quiet for such a big, important game. Where is everybody? Camping out Nascar-style in a tent-city around the stadium? Doing tailgate parties and getting there early for a good seat?

I've learned to bite my tongue before a game. It doesn't do much good to talk it up. It's hard to predict any High School football game on a Friday night. The teams you think are unbeatable suddenly are... That's the fun of Friday nights!

I'll sure be there tomorrow night... and as I've stated before.. I sure hope the line painters' paint the lines before they hit the bottle tomorrow night. Though y'all sure gave us a good laugh last year with the lines!!! 😂

Edited by TPeabodyGT