Why has smith county fell off since Maynard left?

zoneread56

When Maynard was at Smith you could always count on them going deep in the playoffs or winning the region or both... Ever since he has left smith co just seems to have something different about the program where they can't win the big ones... The coach now has been underperforming and it's his 4th year being the head man so can someone tell me the issues??

Not enough Johnny and Joes to win, not really about the Xs and Os. Smith Co. simply doesn't have the same talent as when Maynard was there. I believe it is one of the reasons why he left, he saw it coming. Also Maynard had many first round exits in the playoffs late in his tenure.

I agree with you Gerry. Talent is way down from years past. They don't have the lines they are used to having either. SC always usually had a couple good backs and they do not one good back that take pressure off the QB and WR's. Another thing is they are not near as physical as they used to be.

Its a combination of things. Coach Maynard was a proven coach when he came to Smith County. He also was principal which helped more than anyone will admit. I fully believe he knew that our line talent was going to be down for years. The new coaching staff has had to deal with many injuries and numbers have been down which has led to four very average football seasons. Can they turn it around?? I think we win the district next year because it's a big senior class with two of the best playmakers in the region. After next year will tell the story.

Its a combination of things. Coach Maynard was a proven coach when he came to Smith County. He also was principal which helped more than anyone will admit. I fully believe he knew that our line talent was going to be down for years. The new coaching staff has had to deal with many injuries and numbers have been down which has led to four very average football seasons. Can they turn it around?? I think we win the district next year because it's a big senior class with two of the best playmakers in the region. After next year will tell the story.

idk if the coach there has until next year.. id say if they don't make playoffs he could be out.. he lost the streak with gville, hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't won region, lost to cannon county one year, went 3-7, and usually gets smoked in out of region games.. should be interesting to see what happens

Edited by redzebra99