Big Games in Memphis - Week 7

kwc

After reading your complete post, you are CLUELESS to even think I got any type of hatred towards anyone. I am bitter as heck tho. It's because of the outright inequality and injustice that "good white folks" like yourself are oblivious and/or willfully ignorant to. The only reason there is a "city" and "county" separation is/was a racist thing. Your perspective isn't mine, so in your opinion owlbooster you see hatred and unnecessary bitterness, well my friend you just don't understand and I'm not one of those black folks that has time to explain the issues to those who don't want to see it. I'm just pointing out how it loOKs from my side. The End.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading your complete post, you are CLUELESS to even think I got any type of hatred towards anyone. I am bitter as heck tho. It's because of the outright inequality and injustice that "good white folks" like yourself are oblivious and/or willfully ignorant to. The only reason there is a "city" and "county" separation is/was a racist thing. Your perspective isn't mine, so in your opinion owlbooster you see hatred and unnecessary bitterness, well my friend you just don't understand and I'm not one of those black folks that has time to explain the issues to those who don't want to see it. I'm just pointing out how it loOKs from my side. The End.

The original question which led to your rant was from an apparent Nashville resident who questioned why so many games were being played at off campus sites.  You seized upon this to assert that it was because some black schools (sic Hamilton) didn't have stadiums and you attributed this to racism, disregarding the fact that there were even more white schools (sic White Station) that also didn't have stadiums.  Neither you nor I know anything about the actual historical decision making, but you chose to assume that racism was involved because that's the way you think..  You went so far as to postulate that Whitehaven wouldn't even have a stadium today had it not originally been "lily white."  That is a totally racist and highly divisive thing to post, very offensive to citizens like me, and the reason I responded.  The End.

Edited by owlbooster

The original question which led to your rant was from an apparent Nashville resident who questioned why so many games were being played at off campus sites. You seized upon this to assert that it was because some black schools (sic Hamilton) didn't have stadiums and you attributed this to racism, disregarding the fact that there were even more white schools (sic White Station) also didn't have stadiums. Neither you nor I know anything about the actual historical decision making, but you chose to assume that racism was involved because that's the way you think.. You went so far as to postulate that Whitehaven wouldn't even have a stadium today had it not originally been "lily white." That is a totally racist and highly divisive thing to post, very offensive to citizens like me, and the reason I responded.

To assume it's not racism is a great disregard of this city's history. But white folks tend to have incorrect or ignorant historical context ,so it's cool.

Also, in reality, Whitehaven was lily white, so I can't see how you can reach the way you did by saying I'm being racist by saying we wouldn't have a stadium on-campus had it not been lily white. That's a factual statement due to real life.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Thursday, September 29 Scores

1.     MAHS vs Trezevant at Melrose

2.     Fairley 14,  Manassas 12

3.     East 41, Craigmont 0

Friday, September 30 Scores

4.      Douglass 61, MLK Prep 0

5.      Melrose 49, Sheffield 0

6.      Brighton 63, Overton 0

7.      First Assembly 47, ECS 35

8.      McNairy Central 32, Middle College 8

9.      Fayette-Ware 36, Hamilton 0

10.  Wooddale 32, Southwind 28

11.  Raleigh-Egypt 21, Bolivar 14

12.  West Monroe-La. 61, Ridgeway 36

13.  Bolton 17, Munford 14, 2OT

14.  Cordova 25, Arlington 21

15.  Germantown 48, Bartlett 13

16.  Houston 21, Collierville 17

17.  Briarcrest 23, Christian Brothers 20

18.  St. George's 40, Fayette Aca. 13

19.  Central 15, Kirby 12

20.  Millington 38, Kingsbury 27

21.  Whitehaven 20, White Station 14

Big Games in Memphis - Week 7 Results                              

No. Name                                #Correct  #Wrong  Overall  %Correct      

1   kwc                                           16              4        16-4        80.00

t-2 Havengrad04                           14              6        14-6         70.00

t-2 Olddevil                                    14              6        14-6        70.00

t-2 pgskinred                                 14              6        14-6        70.00

t-2 QBClubPrez                             14              6        14-6         70.00

t-6 BARTLETTHSGRAD04            13              7        13-7         65.00

t-6 cardsfan                                   13              7        13-7         65.00

t-6 Galilee                                      13              7        13-7        65.00

9   BlackHavenSenator                  11              9         11-9        55.00

10 Dragonmaster                            7            13          7-13       35.00

Edited by kwc

Big Games in Memphis - Overall Standings after Week 7 

Overall     Overall    Overall     Overall

No. Name                             #Correct   #Wrong     Ratio     %Correct  

t-1 kwc …………………...….…. 108           35         108-35      75.52

t-1 Olddevil ……………..….….. 108           35         108-35      75.52

3   cardsfan ………………..…… 107          36         107-36      74.83

4   QBClubPrez ……………..… 102          41          102-41      71.33

5   BlackHavenSenator ….....…. 97         46           97-46       67.83

6   BARTLETTHSGRAD04 ….... 96          47           96-47       67.13

7   Havengrad04 …………….…. 95          48           95-48       66.43

t-8 Galilee ………………….…..… 94          49           94-49      65.73

t-8 pgskinred ……………….….… 94          49           94-49      65.73            

Edited by kwc

To assume it's not racism is a great disregard of this city's history. But white folks tend to have incorrect or ignorant historical context ,so it's cool.

Also, in reality, Whitehaven was lily white, so I can't see how you can reach the way you did by saying I'm being racist by saying we wouldn't have a stadium on-campus had it not been lily white. That's a factual statement due to real life.

It is an IRRATIONAL and RACIST postulation that Whitehaven would not have a stadium had it not formerly been a white school.   That's LUDICROUS.   It is THE premier public school football power.  It is NOT Hamilton.  Of course it would have its own stadium. 

Some people hate different opinions with facts backing it up. Mind you I said OPINION but I have historical evidence that can be pointed out that makes my opinion highly credible even though there's ONE buster that's attempting to go out their way to show how "racist, ignorant and off base " I am. Keep reaching

I am not ignorant of historical context.  I just don't see it applying in this case.  You have no facts backing up your assertion that racism was involved in the selection of which schools got on campus stadiums, certainly not in your lifetime.  Just because racism exists doesn't mean it exists in this situation, and regardless of your personal experience with it, real or perceived, it does not give you license to make a gratuitous accusation of racism on the public/government officials - many of whom no doubt are black - who decide where stadiums get built.  Just because some black school doesn't have an on campus stadium but you opine that it should, doesn't mean the omission was racist in origin.  What about the white schools that don't have stadiums?  You are way off base here.  Pick a better battlefield.  Besides this is supposed to be a blog about HS football, not a personal forum for BS like this.

Edited by owlbooster

It is an IRRATIONAL and RACIST postulation that Whitehaven would not have a stadium had it not formerly been a white school.   That's LUDICROUS.   It is THE premier public school football power.  It is NOT Hamilton.  Of course it would have its own stadium. 

Before Whitehaven became what it is now (Predominately Black) it was a Predominately White school with a stadium. You are attempting to do a "chicken or the egg" argument, knowingly or unknowingly, when you can't. In reality The Stadium was built when it wasn't integrated.