Gerry Bertier's 3A Top Ten

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- F5 is the favorite to win the Gold Ball again. I don't see anyone beating them in 3A.

2. Stratford- The Spartans are my favorite to come out of the West. They have the best win out of any team in the West half of the bracket.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders rested some starters against Pearl Cohn so I don't know exactly what they bring to the table for the top two teams.

4. CAK- The Warriors have won some games closer than I expected but they will be a tough out for any team besides the F5.

5. Milan- Bulldogs have to get over the Liberty Tech hump if they want a chance to return to Cookeville.

6. CPA- The Lions record is not impressive but they have a young team who is playing an extremely tough schedule. In 3A they are still a tough out.

7. Elizabethton- Cyclones are putting together another solid season in Northeast TN.

8. Notre Dame- The Irish are the best 3A team in The Chattanooga area.

9. Goodpasture- The Cougars have really turned it around. They have a big match up to Stratford in two weeks to see where they stand.

10. Bolivar- The Tigers are quietly putting together a solid season, the 2nd half of their schedule will show what they truly have to offer.

Next five no particular order- Sequatchie Co, Dyersburg, Fairview, Camden, East Nashville, Raleigh Egypt

Edited by Gerry Bertier
  • Upvote 1

1. Alcoa- F5 is the favorite to win the Gold Ball again. I don't see anyone beating them in 3A.

2. Stratford- The Spartans are my favorite to come out of the West. They have the best win out of any team in the West half of the bracket.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders rested some starters against Pearl Cohn so I don't know exactly what they bring to the table for the top two teams.

4. CAK- The Warriors have won some games closer than I expected but they will be a tough out for any team besides the F5.

5. Milan- Bulldogs have to get over the Liberty Tech hump if they want a chance to return to Cookeville.

6. CPA- The Lions record is not impressive but they have a young team who is playing an extremely tough schedule. In 3A they are still a tough out.

7. Elizabethton- Cyclones are putting together another solid season in Northeast TN.

8. Notre Dame- The Irish are the best 3A team in The Chattanooga area.

9. Goodpasture- The Cougars have really turned it around. They have a big match up to Stratford in two weeks to see where they stand.

10. Bolivar- The Tigers are quietly putting together a solid season, the 2nd half of their schedule will show what they truly have to offer.

Next five no particular order- Sequatchie Co, Fairview, Camden, East Nashville, Raleigh Egypt

Don't disrespect our win like that! We had four starters out also. But your list looks good to me.

Very accurate. I see Notre Dame/Alcoa and Liberty/Stratford as the two matchups on Thanksgiving Weekend this year. I would probably pick Alcoa to beat Liberty in the final.

I agree that Liberty should probably be ahead of Milan in a poll since they beat us. However people automatically assume that they will beat us in the playoffs. Anyone who saw that game the first time will think differently.

okie dokie......Alcoee comes outta against our 2 losses 1-1...everyone else 0-2.....and that CPA positionin really confirms that this is by far not your best attempt at this over the years

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

You know you two share a common opponent that you both were beaten by 45 points.

So if you don't think CPA is very good what does that say about good ole ND? I am just saying.

okie dokie......Alcoee comes outta against our 2 losses 1-1...everyone else 0-2.....and that CPA positionin really confirms that this is by far not your best attempt at this over the years

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

I would not put too much stock into how many points elite teams are putting on CPA.  It's easy for a young team to get down when facing superior talent.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think any other 3A team has had a tougher schedule over the first 6 games.

1 - GA team with 3K students

2 - Knox Catholic - Top ranked team in the state, right?

3 - WHH - only 3A team CPA has played thus far, and has been CPA's only win

4 - PC - maybe a top 10 ranked team, right?

5 - Ensworth - another top 10-15 team, right?

6 - Stratford - top 20 team, maybe?

I think any of the previous 5 CPA teams would have losses against that schedule.  I don't think that being listed in the second half of the top 10 3A teams is a stretch.  Only time will tell, of course, but that's my hope at least :)

I would not put too much stock into how many points elite teams are putting on CPA.  It's easy for a young team to get down when facing superior talent.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think any other 3A team has had a tougher schedule over the first 6 games.

1 - GA team with 3K students

2 - Knox Catholic - Top ranked team in the state, right?

3 - WHH - only 3A team CPA has played thus far, and has been CPA's only win

4 - PC - maybe a top 10 ranked team, right?

5 - Ensworth - another top 10-15 team, right?

6 - Stratford - top 20 team, maybe?

I think any of the previous 5 CPA teams would have losses against that schedule.  I don't think that being listed in the second half of the top 10 3A teams is a stretch.  Only time will tell, of course, but that's my hope at least :)

your love fest with CPA and Sratford is impressive but I think you're underestimating Milan....and CPA getting beat 45-0 early in the 3rd by Catholic cannot be explained away as CPA being "young"....