Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

I know for a fact folks at Trezevant respect not only Liberty but West Tn football as a whole. A lot of tough battles IN FOUR-A with you all, dyersburg, Crockett, westview, and Haywood just to name a few. Apologies if you felt slighted.

I just mentioned them teams a couple of post back and said the same thing.

Still doesn't answer my question. Does CR go to Trezevant High School? Just trying to figure out if it is just a rumor or not that he only plays football there. It's hard for a lot of us from "suburbia" or "Smalltown, USA" to wrap our heads around the way inner-city schools have kids from different districts playing all over. The TSSAA would crucify most schools for that. Here, if your physical address is not within the zoning for a school or you haven't played since freshman year there then you are required to sit out a year before playing. I'm just trying to get some insight of how things work in Memphis.

The rule are the rules all over the state. You can pretend if you want to that in "small-town" as you called it there aren't suspicious rule bending if you would like. But just imagine if we didn't have so many schools in each area like the "suburbia" teams. We would actually have super-teams and coaching staffs.

Not good with this quoting stuff. But, yes he does attend Trezevant and has since his 9th grade year. Like I said, nobody sends their kid to Trezevant to play football if they don't live in the district. It's located in one of the worse parts of Memphis. Why don't you spend a day walking the halls at Trezevant and see what these young men overcome on a daily basis. Open invitation for everyone on here. I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms. And you can see for yourself if he's there.

TruthBtold, I appreciate you answering the question. And to old willie2888, who thinks it's was a "retarded question"; there's a team in Chattanooga who has several players who attend a sister school playing for them. It's not out of the ordinary. Why would asking if CR did the same be "retarded"?

The rule are the rules all over the state. You can pretend if you want to that in "small-town" as you called it there aren't suspicious rule bending if you would like. But just imagine if we didn't have so many schools in each area like the "suburbia" teams. We would actually have super-teams and coaching staffs.

While it's true that rule bending goes on around the state, some of the things that have gone on in Memphis are just wrong.  I know of one outstanding basketball player that started out at one powerhouse school and ended up playing at three different schools during his 4 year high school career.  You can give different reasons this player moved around all you want but I will never be convinced it was anything but transfers for athletic reasons.  And the kid never sat out one single year.  If that same thing happened in any other part of the state, bells, whistles and red flags would be all over the place.

TruthBtold, I appreciate you answering the question. And to old willie2888, who thinks it's was a "retarded question"; there's a team in Chattanooga who has several players who attend a sister school playing for them. It's not out of the ordinary. Why would asking if CR did the same be "retarded"?

We are not the one school in Chatt. we are just like every other team that's why. That is called co-op i believe. Our students go to our school.

While it's true that rule bending goes on around the state, some of the things that have gone on in Memphis are just wrong. I know of one outstanding basketball player that started out at one powerhouse school and ended up playing at three different schools during his 4 year high school career. You can give different reasons this player moved around all you want but I will never be convinced it was anything but transfers for athletic reasons. And the kid never sat out one single year. If that same thing happened in any other part of the state, bells, whistles and red flags would be all over the place.

+1,000,000.00

While it's true that rule bending goes on around the state, some of the things that have gone on in Memphis are just wrong.  I know of one outstanding basketball player that started out at one powerhouse school and ended up playing at three different schools during his 4 year high school career.  You can give different reasons this player moved around all you want but I will never be convinced it was anything but transfers for athletic reasons.  And the kid never sat out one single year.  If that same thing happened in any other part of the state, bells, whistles and red flags would be all over the place.

No argument here.